Using K8 IM on KLZE.....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
greenstorm

Using K8 IM on KLZE.....

Post by greenstorm »

Im putting a KLZE in my MX-3 but i was wondering if i can cram an intake pipe so that use the straight neck without hitting the brake resivour or am i screwed and have to use the K8 IM? Plus... whats the horsepower loss difference between the manifolds?
what kind of car IS that?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: Using K8 IM on KLZE.....

Post by babyblueMX3 »

sorry man ...search...I've been answering the same question for so long now..

and yes the straight can be fitted but you got to mid some things...I think PATDEISEL did it
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

This maybe a long shot but would it be possible to port match the k8 im to the intake ports on the ze, using the gaskets from the ze as a template? maybe then u might not loose power? and also the egr might be saved?
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

find a curved neck?
i duno, i've heard the hp loss is around 5-10hp, which i am losing as we speak cuz i'm still usin the k8 IM. its all good tho.. for a temporary fit it does just fine. STILL PULLS LIKE A ROCKET!! ;)

<small>[ July 19, 2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Sam Baker ]</small>
92 Autozam AZ3
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I don't beleive a k8 IM can be ported to a klze IM..there's too much of a difference
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

K8 manifold basically eliminates any kind of power past 5000RPM's. Below that it feels pretty damn fast.

Get a millenia manifold off http://car-part.com

cheap & readily available.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

what years were the curve neck on the millenia again?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

if you were to buy a millenia intake manifold buy the post 95,96 or 97 (not sure about the 97 tough)..

just type 96 in the list on car-parts.com and they should match every year that's the same
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Why don't you adapt the pulley of your throttlebody? Put some rubbers in your enginemounts and lift the rear enginemount by using afew rings? It'll work, we've done it 2 times before. It takes some time, but it's worth the effort.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Yes the k8 manifold can be ported to match the ze. I have it done, and used it for about 1 yr or so. I thought it worked fine, and I didnt switch the injectors either. I just used the 1.8 ecu and 2.5 vaf.

It passed ontario emissions with this setup, also passed with a north american kl ported/polished intake manifold.

Now I run ze ecu, k8 vaf, cut/welded straight neck manifold.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Originally posted by Sam Baker:
the hp loss is around 5-10hp
Hp loss is alot more than that, im using the k8 IM on my kfze and the power loss is dramatic, you can litterally feel the engine wanting to pull more air in but it cant, i recomend either getting you a probe or mx6 IM or getting a millenia IM
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

if your serious about getting all the power you can from your KL-ZE you will get the millenia intake mani
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

if i was really serious I'd get this one
http://www.cyborgzero.com/
that looks so awesome but soooo expensive... anyways i already swapped the fuel rails to the K8 so im probably gonna use that one for awhile, until i grab the millenia one. I'm also using the k8 ECU but i dont want to use EGR, so im probably gonna plug it, but will it run with the k8 ECU or will it give me a code or something or what?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”