cold air intake from street-import.com

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MHMX-3

cold air intake from street-import.com

Post by MHMX-3 »

just bought the cold air intake for the v6 model mx-3 and was wondering if anyone had any trouble getting the filter to fit through the small hole behind the driver side head light where it would go in from in the engine bay. If so, is there an easier way to install it besides taking off the front bumper? Any other suggestions and/or important facts about the install would be great, thanks guys
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Re: cold air intake from street-import.com

Post by MX-3 Money »

Hey man, I installed that intake a while ago. I didn't put the filter through the fender wall tho. I just cut a larger hole from the one that was already there and then put the filter right by it. I didn't take my bumber off either, just used a cutting tourch and BAM! new bigger hole.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
MHMX-3

Post by MHMX-3 »

So you mean that the filter is too large to fit behind the head light hole, so it needs widening? Also, does this filter need to be protected from water, or is the setup ok? Lastly, what are the horsepower gains? :froggie_red:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

He probably cut to avoid having to take the bumper off. You'll likely have to remove the bumper. You can see if possibly you can manage by fitting it from the bottom to the metal tubing from the top, then you might be able to tighten the clamp by pulling the large corner marker and fitting a screwdriver behind there. I'd do it without cutting if possible. And it shouldn't be prone to water splashing as long as your splash shield covering the bottom of that hole is still in tact, but you still shouldn't drive through deep puddles as if the water level comes up to it, it will suck water into the engine. But it'd probably have to be more than 6" deep to get into there.
Jon_Carnie

Post by Jon_Carnie »

hey just wondering what the daimater of the pipe is on the intake, thanks!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”