My 2.5 search is becoming fruitless...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ChrisG3

My 2.5 search is becoming fruitless...

Post by ChrisG3 »

I have only found three 2.5's in about 100 miles of me. Two of which are SUPER high mileage and the other is in a local yard in a super tweaked 94 vintage car with just under 100k on it. Which, of course, this one is VERY likely to have a broken block (the alt is floating around and one pulley is bent at a WILD angle). However, I am having them work on getting it to where we can see how bad it is. NOTE: Going to grab the ECU...if it is still there.

SOO, I guess, my thought of finding a decent 2.5 in the area is a severe pipe dream. Guess I need to see where I can get a decent J-Spec 2.5 for a reasonable price...

Chris
ChrisG3

Re: My 2.5 search is becoming fruitless...

Post by ChrisG3 »

NOTE: Of course, due to the crappy tranny design, I could have my pick of the Contour/Mystique 2.5 motors...but, as it as been said, they will not work.

Of course, I have found the 2.3 turbo and a 3.0 out of a 929...both of which are not worth the headache to get into the car.

Chris
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

You've gotta be able to find a sub-100K mile Millenia 2.5 or 626 2.5 somewhere in Chicagoland junkyard.
ChrisG3

Post by ChrisG3 »

One would think you could. BUT, for some odd reason or another, the only ones I have been able to find have 160+ on them via the local junk yards interchange and via a friends junk yards interchange. I've been searching eBay, the local papers, etc. for a full car that I could strip and drop off at the local yard once I am done. Of course, the other thought would be to go through the current 1.8l motor, build it enough to have around 200 HP and put it back in. OR, I might just scrap the whole thing and find something else.

Chris
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Food for thought, but the biggest wrecking yard for newer type vehicles I'd ever seen was in the Gary, Indiana area. I totalled a 5 year old car when I was 18. The wrecking yard I went to was gigantic, and was almost all newer vehicles. I'd never seen a yard close to the city with that many newer cars.

It was like 10 years ago, but I am pretty sure it had a number in the name. I did a search, and I came up with:

I-94 AUTO RECYCLERS
2932 BURR ST, GARY, IN 46406
Phone: (219) 845-4030

Sounds about right as I remember it being near the I-94.

Anyways, after that, I'm out of ideas. And like I said, that was 10 years ago, so if they don't rotate thier inventory, the cars may be older now than newer.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Oh. Wait. Maybe it's this one:

I-80 Auto Parts Co., Inc. USA-IN(Gary) 1-219-838-4388

It's gotta be one of those two. Actually, I'd bet I80 over I94.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Also, accoring to www.car-parts.com

Elgin Super Auto Parts USA-IL(Elgin) 1-800-232-5564 847-695-4000

The site says they have four 2.5 liter engies from Millenias alone.
ChrisG3

Post by ChrisG3 »

Time to go make some calls. THANK YOU FOR THE LEG WORK! I gotta get this thing mobile in case I have to jet to AR or KY. Wonder why the other yards didn't show anything from them :shrug:

Chris
ChrisG3

Post by ChrisG3 »

MAN, are they pricey! $1400 for a near 10 year old motor with 60-65k on it!!! Time to find a KLZE OR ditch this project....

Chris
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

have you tries probetalk.com...
I regularly see some there...you might check it out
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Try A1 Auto Salvage in Fort Atkinson. About a month ago I was looking around for one just to see what it would cost and there were some in the Janesville/ Milton area that seemed reasonably priced. I cant seem to find the websites now but I think the Fort Atkinson one had some.

Rik

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”