Installing KLZE w/ long neck?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MarcJ

Installing KLZE w/ long neck?

Post by MarcJ »

Guys,
Been reading post about people not being able to get the KLZE with the curved neck.
http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004711

I want to do the ZE swap but I'm concerned about getting the long neck.
Any one do it?
What modifications did you have to make?
Pictures?

Anyone else in Colorado?

Thanks!
Marc
Black Magic

Re: Installing KLZE w/ long neck?

Post by Black Magic »

It has been done before, I believe by patdiesel, I wonder how he pulled it off too. Maybe someone else can shine a light on the mather.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

It has been done before and from what I can rememeber it takes some messing around with the engine mounts in order to tilt the engine forward away from the master cylinder. I have heard though from some people that this may pose problems down the line with your tranny and axles.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Pat and I have done it. Modified throttle body (no, not bored k8 TB), shortened front motor mount, raised rear (Very slightly). and modified throttle cable bracket.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
MarcJ

Post by MarcJ »

What parts don't clear? Does it try to hit the strut tower?

Marc
Friendlyhacker

Post by Friendlyhacker »

what I did was I took the long neck intake manny off and replaced it with my old curved intake
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

<<<< Boosted KLDE mx3 in loveland, CO

Just find a millenia manifold or even a KLDE. Dont reuse that 1.8, they suck.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yes it can be done, but not for the light hearted or mechanically challanged. I only tilted the front motor mount about 1/4 inch so that the tranny and axles are ok. Most of the work is needed at the throttle cable pulley on the TB. You have to change the way that it sits so that it is thinner and clears the resevoir. Stiffer motor mounts to hold the engine better and a battery relocation. Total cost was only the battery relocation, I was going to do that anyway. Lots of time on the pulley though. I can't post pics b/c I can't host them and won't spend the time to make a site. They wouldn't help anyway, I'd have to remove the TB and pulley and then try to show where to cut and reweld. Since I ground all the welds and then repainted it I'm not sure I could remember where the mods were anyway. Sorry guys, but when I did it I didn't plan on sharing the info.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”