where to buy forged internals for the 1.8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx-3xplosiv31

where to buy forged internals for the 1.8

Post by mx-3xplosiv31 »

does anyone know who makes forged pistons and connecting rods for the K8? I am going to start a project, but I need to find the internals first. I have looked everywhere. thanks for the help.

Aaron

p.s. don't try telling me its not worth it, any engine can make power if you know what you are doing.
TsiMiata

Re: where to buy forged internals for the 1.8

Post by TsiMiata »

They will have to be custom made. JE can make you pistons and crower will make rods. Expect to pay $1500+ for the set.

I have to say though why bother with the K8? You can get a 2.5 motor for next to nothing. There are no weight or size penalties for .7 liters more displacement.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
mx-3xplosiv31

Post by mx-3xplosiv31 »

ok, how much and where at can I get forged internals for the 2.5 out of a Probe. I really don't want to pay the money for a JDM engine when I am just tearing it apart and rebuilding the bottom end anyways. Also, I heard that the MX-6 or the 626 5 speed comes with a LSD, is this true? with the power I want to be running, I can't imagine trying to put it down without a LSD.

Aaron
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by aaron bales:
Also, I heard that the MX-6 or the 626 5 speed comes with a LSD, is this true?
Not in a U.S. Spec car.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

"ok, how much and where at can I get forged internals for the 2.5 out of a Probe."

same companies I mentioned earlier. If your serious about this jump on those rods in the for sale section.

"I really don't want to pay the money for a JDM engine when I am just tearing it apart and rebuilding the bottom end anyways."

You really don't want the probe/MX-6 engine if you are going to be looking to make max power. You'll want either a KLZE or a Millenia engine. The heads on both have much larger intake ports. They also have better flowing intake manifolds. The KLZE has better cams, if your replacing them though it doesn't matter. This place has a millenia engine with a bad bottom end for $350-

Best Foreign Auto Salvage
Aliquippa, PA
1-800-370-6002

Another option is getting a blown/bad KLZE. Some times the importers get a bad one and let it go for really cheap.

"Also, I heard that the MX-6 or the 626 5 speed comes with a LSD, is this true? with the power I want to be running, I can't imagine trying to put it down without a LSD.

Aaron"

Some JDM KLZE's came with an LSD transmission. I think the importers get ~$900 for one. Honestly at that price your getting close to the cost of a Quaffie from mazda comp. The quaffie is a much better unit.

What are your plans for this engine? Is it going to turbo, supercharger, nitrous or NA?

<small>[ March 30, 2004, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I bought a set of pauter rods for 999$ and a set of ross pistons for 700$ for my Kl
European Mx3 GsRT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”