13 second klze mx3??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jdm_man

13 second klze mx3??

Post by jdm_man »

i have a KLZE engine my MX3. I was wondering if it was possible to make a 13 second car. I have an underdrive crank pully, a did a port and polish and i recently bought hotshot headers. (which still have to come in). My car definatley WON'T run 13's. any thoughts on how i can achieve this???
thebonestockkid

Re: 13 second klze mx3??

Post by thebonestockkid »

..nitrous? a 75 shot with cai headers exhaust and engine work you should be in 13s no problem, just gotta get good launches and traction ;)
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

You can gut your car a bit and do some other engine work for 13 seconds all motor, you can go with nitrous to make 13s easily if you can drive or you can go get a turbo setup, boost about 9psi and break into the 12s like My_Probe_Is_Faster did on probetalk.com. Just gotta have some good traction and axles. Good luck.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
curve

Post by curve »

Going into the 13's just takes time and patients. Im currently running 13.46 at 103 but I have alot of time and money in getting it to do that. And Im also lugging about a 350 stereo system in the back and full interior. I think I could go 12's if I gutted the car and put on a set of slicks. YOU CAN DO IT JUST BE PATIENT
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103
jdm_man

Post by jdm_man »

thanks for the info guys!
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

sell the headers considering they make minimal gains, get a set of mike selis cam regrinds, make a fiberglass hatch, get some slicks, strip the car, you should be all good
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

Hey guys, I am looking for a set of performance cams, can anyone give me more info about the one Mike is doing ( regrind) or how can I reach him? thanks ,
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

I would say keep the headers, go 2.5" exhaust, get a 65mm TB and port match it to the IM, CAI, k&n cone filter, underdrive pulley, sts, denzo iridium plugs, performance wires, hyper ground system, upgraded clutch, lightened flywheel, thermal spacers, frt and rear strut bars, poly filled ms motor mounts, new balljoints and axles, poly or nylatron frt contrl arm bushings, set of slicks and thin tires for rear, take out all interior panels including doors and speakers, take out spare tire,jack and bolts, take out all seats,belts,ect. and put one racing seat, take out frt window washer resevoir and use rear, take off all 3 wipers and arms, take off rear spoiler. That is all i could think of right now but this set up should easily net u a dip into the 13z.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Skip the denso iridium plugs. Regular old plugs make the most power. All the iridiums & platinums do is make the plugs last longer. both of them onduct electricity less easily than standard plugs.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Why replace the ball joints and axles?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

Originally posted by Zoso124:
Why replace the ball joints and axles?
I like starting off on a clean slate. ;)
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

it pointless to replace parts that don't need replacing.

and IMHO getting a fidanza flywheel is a bit much. If you have LOTS of money, go for it, but our stock flywheel is only 4 lbs heavier....you aren't going to see much of a difference with the $350 fidanza.

IMO the cheapest way to approach 13's is to get the mods in this order:

0: KLZE manifold (if you don't already have one)
1: cold air intake
2: full catback w/free-flow cat
3: headers
4: regrinded ZE cams
5: motor mounts / poly control-arm bushings

Ignition upgrades aren't necessary, since they won't increase the power or acceleration, but are still a worthy investment :froggie_red:
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
and IMHO getting a fidanza flywheel is a bit much. If you have LOTS of money, go for it, but our stock flywheel is only 4 lbs heavier....you aren't going to see much of a difference with the $350 fidanza.
IMO the cheapest way to approach 13's is to get the mods in this order:
i thought fidanza were 9 pounds and our stock fw was 17...2.5 are 23 pounds..am i wrong here??
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

the stock fw is rated at 16lbs, you can shave it DOWN to 12-13. the ones from the pgts/mx6ls are either 23 or 26, i cant remember right now. as for the fidanza not being worth it.. well i agree it is quite a bit pricey, but the fact that your car will rev similar to an f-1 sounds pretty cool to me lol. lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
13flat

Post by 13flat »

i bet you could hit 13.5 easily, all motor, especially since you've got a port and polish. my plan is to put about 4grand into the motor w/o forced air, my dad's told me so many horror stories about n20 so im not going that route

but think about it, if the stock ze motor w/the ze ecu runs in the 14.4-15.1's you should easily be able to knock off a second w/pulleys, flywheels, cams, headers, cai. at least i would hope...but i think driving ability beats all

<small>[ October 17, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: 13flat ]</small>
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”