Stalling, when clutch is in

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chris83

Stalling, when clutch is in

Post by chris83 »

Hey all, I got my car back.. it runs great now.. except the bill I got raped on for a new distrubtor.. anyway, my problem is this.. when im comming to a stop and pushing the clutch in, sometimes the rpm's drop so low it will stall the car. It also idle's right on or just below the 500 rpm line, (just barely enough to shake abit)<p>is this a sparkplug/wire issue.. or is it some vacume issue i've seen mentioned here a few times.. thanks !
chris83

Re: Stalling, when clutch is in

Post by chris83 »

Also, is there any timeing thing that could be off with the new distributor that would cause that?. Mind you, it was doing this before they replaced it, BUT it is worse now. It never idled that low, and while the rpm's would drop pretty low before, it wouldn't stall it. (but cut it pretty damn close)<p>Anyway, I bought some new spark plugs.. ill put them in tonight.. if that doesnt help, i'll get some new wires.<p>oh yeah, there is some hose I can check too isnt there?.. thanks all
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

when im comming to a stop and pushing the clutch in, sometimes the rpm's drop so low it will stall the car.-----I have this same problem. I always have to throw it into neutral when i stop other wise i risk stalling. anyone with ideas? thanks in advance
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Check the routing of all your vac lines, trying raise your idle a bit.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

behind the clutch pedal there is a plug. Take the plug out and everything will be golden.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
chris83

Post by chris83 »

Well, it was a damaged vacume line, the bastards broke it when they put the distributor. How much are new ones? (its taped ATM for temporary fix) if its alot, ill go back and *****.
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

i didnt think that the mx-3 motor was distributor-less?
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”