exhaust and cat

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Rick Johnson

exhaust and cat

Post by Rick Johnson »

For the custom cat back people and people with premade systems, if your running 2.25" is that pipe crushed bent or is it mandrel?<p>
My stock exhaust is broken and is really loud but still sounds good ;) I just bought a n1 style muffler with silencer and 2.5" inlet. I'm going to go 2.5" mandrel bent all the way. Even tho i have a 92GS and the larger pipe can hurt performance, I plan to swap to a 2.5 in the future. Where I live emissions are not a concern, has anyone hollowed out there catalytic converter? any performance gains? and how did it sound, because basically you are creating a resonator. or should i just remove the cat and run straight pipe no resonator? Or will that be to raspy?
lazzyie

Re: exhaust and cat

Post by lazzyie »

run no cat, gutting cats doesn't help, you will lose low end if you go 2.5 on a 1.8 v6.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

but if your going for a 2.5L than you could run 2.5" off the flex pipe back <p>or I ran a 2.5" flexpipe back and the ze seemed to like that
13.023 @ 105 mph
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Aaron, is you exhaust system mandrel bent or crushed? also, what mods do you all have, I'm curios to see what it takes to get a ze in the 13's.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”