auto to manual conversion

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MattPPK007

auto to manual conversion

Post by MattPPK007 »

Alright guys, I want some opinions, I'm either going to sell my MX-3 auto and buy a manual mx-3. Or I'm going to Keep my auto and save up to do a swap. Now my mx-3 is in excellent conditino with only 55K on it, is it worth the risk of higher mileage and such getting another car?
93 GS Blaze Red
Q187

Re: auto to manual conversion

Post by Q187 »

I'm doing the swap this Christmas. I got EVERY part that I will need, including the new ECU, for $550 US. I just hope the swap isn't going to be too hard. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

wow $550? thats pretty cheap, you got all this <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 3&t=000012" TARGET=_blank>stuff</A>for that much, well add it up and see if it is worth it to you!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
93 mx-3 gs/se

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I got EVERY part that I will need, including the new ECU<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I did the auto to manual swap back in march and to my knowledge the manual and the automatic MX-3 use the exact same ecu so you would not need to change it. The only difference is the auto tranny has it's own seperate ECU that controls it whereas the manual has just a standard ecu and nothing more. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Check the new addition to the V6 FAQ forum.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Q187

Post by Q187 »

"I did the auto to manual swap back in march and to my knowledge the manual and the automatic MX-3 use the exact same ecu so you would not need to change it."<P><BR>That's ok, I needed a new ECU anyway. :) My check engine light comes on because of my ECU and my mechanic wanted $800 for one! :eek:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”