HE KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
g3939

HE KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN

Post by g3939 »

Every time I make a hard right turn in my 92gs the engine dies. It will start right back up, and it won't stall every time if it is full of gas. Please help if anyone has ever had this problem before?
harold stephens
pelado

Re: HE KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN

Post by pelado »

There is a sock-like filter surrounding the suction of the fuel pump in the gas tank. I suspect this could be it. Probably need to get all the crap out of the tank that clogged this filter while you're cleaning/replacing it.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

i had this problem.. <P>it was the inside of my fuel tank rusting into flakes after 8 years of crappy fuel being swiched around in there.. <P>I would put money on it that something similar is causing your problems...
- EUNOS 30X -
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I would put money on it too, my friend had a 93 Probe and the same thing happened.. my mechanic checked it out. He almost hit someone cuz his power steering went out. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
g3939

Post by g3939 »

the gas tank was rusted as everyone suggested. I had it cleaned and coated at a radiator shop for $250usd. thanks for the help guys.It runs well all the way to empty now, I almost forgot about the little amber low fuel warning light. :driver:
harold stephens

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”