Coilovers...how's it done?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jasonbierschwale

Coilovers...how's it done?

Post by jasonbierschwale »

Hey guys, <BR> does anyone have pictures of their coilover setup? The only coilovers I am familiar with are the type you would put on a T Bucket or deuce coupe. I can't bend my brain around how that would work replacing a strut. I mean, the strut has to be rigid on the bottom and mount through the strut tower on the top, and coilovers (at least the ones I have used) mount just like a regular shock on both ends. Does it really, honestly do anything for the performance of the car? I've noticed that my little mx'er feels really, really loose in the a-- end, like the rear is letting go of the street in a hard corner. :eek: It's not really, so I've just become used to the sliding sensation. Would a rear tie bar alleviate some or all of the squirreliness? I bought my car from my daughter about a year ago, and have loved every second of it. However, I know she tagged a highway barrier pretty hard on the passenger side a couple of years ago. She had it fixed by a reputable shop, but I have noticed some problems. I thought that the looseness in the rear was because something was not put back together right, but I have since noticed that my driver's side rear tire wears on the inside. The top of the wheel is leaning into the body ever so slightly... is there a way to correct this, or is something bent? Thx!
Jason B
1993 MX-3 GS
1.8 V6 5 speed

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”