looking to go fast

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cashmoneyspeed

looking to go fast

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

As of right now the engine bay of my 93 mx-3 1.8 v6 is stock. What types of things have people done for noticable results?
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
Bri94GS

Re: looking to go fast

Post by Bri94GS »

you can swap in a 2.5L v6 from a probe gt or mx-6<P>you can add an intake (K&N, PRM, whatever)<P>Cat-back exhaust (JCWhitney.com)<P>Nitrous (Zex makes a really good kit)<P>Phenolic Manifold Spacers<P>Ignition (spark plugs, wires, etc) I don't think these add any power at all, but they made my car run a whole lot better
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Does anyone have that Cat-Back from JCWhitney.com? It's a good price and it looks nice....How does it run?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i bet someone else has it :).. do a search you'll come up with tons of stuff i bet. Itscalled pacesetter.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I have it...i like it...<P> Image
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

you can also get that monza pacesetter exhaust from summit. it provides a nice mellow tone..i have it on one of my cars and have installed 2 others that sound and look good.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

i was referring to engine mods that deal with timing, certain intakes and exhausts sounding better and performing better, basically power gains. i am familiar with what works on german imports and domestics, and i just need some opinions before i start making another car go fast. Thanks

93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

cash money..... GO BY A KL03 and slap ZEX on it... like i did... and go torment modified lt-1's :)... im close to you.. so if u did this, i could prolly help you a lil bit..
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I don't care about sound. My stock exhaust sounds better than any after market one i've ever heard. (I guess there's a hole in it or something?) It's not TOO loud but it has a kind of turbo sound and it turns heads. I think I might be loosing back-pressure though.<p>[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Q187 ]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”