How to check Engine Oil level??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
greatunicon

How to check Engine Oil level??

Post by greatunicon »

i don't know why,, my Mx-3 always losing engine oil.....<P>do u guy know,,how to check oil exactly, because i always get different oil level,, sometime full, sometime low.<P> but there is not any leak under the car. it seen to be value damage. do u guy how much usually to fix it?? usually i need to add 1/2 L oil every 200km. Damn,,,
a

Re: How to check Engine Oil level??

Post by Guest »

it will varry weather the car is hot or cold
pelado

Post by pelado »

Whether you check it cold or hot doesn't matter as long as you check it on level ground and always check it the same way (cold or hot). This way, the differences won't seem so drastic.<P>Personally, I check mine while I'm getting gas. Therefore, the car is warmed up and I'm on level ground.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
pelado

Post by pelado »

P.S. You want to make sure you don't overfill it, this will have the crankshaft spinning in oil which will increase internal drag and decrease performance.<BR>If you check it cold, you want to check it hot at least once to ensure your cold readings aren't causing you to overfill.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by greatunicon:<BR><STRONG>i don't know why,, my Mx-3 always losing engine oil.....<P>do u guy know,,how to check oil exactly, because i always get different oil level,, sometime full, sometime low.<P> but there is not any leak under the car. it seen to be value damage. do u guy how much usually to fix it?? usually i need to add 1/2 L oil every 200km. Damn,,,</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't want to worry ya, but make sure that you're not burning any oil. My K8 engine was burning about a quart every 200 miles or so.........ended-up having 2 blown cylinders, so that's when I decided to go with the KL-ZE.
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”