Got a lovely letter in the mail today..

Off-Topic Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Got a lovely letter in the mail today..

Post by Franko »

I'm not going to bore you with the specifics but this is basically what it said.
"Dear frank, Apparently we forgot to send you any information regarding the existance of outstanding traffic fines for the past 4 years. We (the government) have decided to inform you of all these fines and the intrest that has been building on them since 2000. You have 60 days to pay us $1270 or else we will probally do something like cancel your licence or give eachother handjobs or something. Anyway let this be a lesson to you for not somehow knowing that these fines had to be paid when it was at $400 or something. Instead we thought it would be appropriate for us to tell you this when christmas is just around the corner.
If you somehow manage to pay this off in time dont worry because we are confident that you will be charged for such things as a shiny muffler, aftermarket wheels or having blue eyes.
Sincerely,
Some retard"

<small>[ November 13, 2004, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Franko ]</small>
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Got a lovely letter in the mail today..

Post by mitmaks »

you joking?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

No! They want $1270 bucks in 60 days!
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

how is it possible for them to give you traffic fines and you know nothing about them?

What do you do in your spare time run red lights?

Or did you park your car and throw away the ticket because you thought if it isnt on your car they wont fine you?

I'm not understanding how this is possible because usually to get traffic fines your car needs to be stopped by a cop and a ticket is issued or they place a ticket on your dash or you ran a red and they mail it to you but even then in newfoundland the fine for that is $45 so that would mean you'd have to do it 8 or 9 times to get up to the original $400 fines.

<small>[ November 13, 2004, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: johnnyb ]</small>
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

He must be Dating the Cops daughter :p
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Call a lawyer.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Yeah man call the lawyer. I dont see how that is possible. Did you ever get stopped or what? Lets hear the story.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Ohh yeah I got stopped a couple of times for speeding when I first got my liscence when I was just 17 still in school. So my dad told me to give him the tickets and he would look after them since I had NO way to pay for them. Well apparently he never did look after them and on top of that I got 3 or 4 tint tickets between then and now. You would think that when it came to the point where I owed 500 bucks that I would get a letter then and not when it gets to the 1200 mark. Now I owe all this money and have no way to pay it. I hate the government.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

It would seem more normal for at least some kind of notice to be sent on any/all/some/at least one of your unpaid overdue tickets before now.

On the other hand...

Don`t do the crime,
If you can`t do the time

or you might say...

It's just another example of how da MAN ***** ya in the ***.

Now ya have to figure a way to pay off without selling your car to raise the $$. :eek:
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

It was weird that there was no notice.. I would have taken care of it if I knew about it. Not it is just so much! I didnt even own a mx-3 when I got those tickets (like 2 or 3) I have never gotten a speeding ticket since I have owned my mx3 and I have had it for 2 years. It was 2000 when I got them and I thought that they were taken care of.
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

They HAVE to give a notice.
Call a lawyer :mad:
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

:werd:
You should definitely get some sound legal advice about that...

<small>[ November 19, 2004, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Nallboy ]</small>
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
DVH

Post by DVH »

....ok you call a lawyer, they won't do sh*t...you will have to pay the fines, now something that you can do, is go to the local court or where ever you go in the states..(i know in canada we have to go the provincial offences office) and see if you can make some payment arrangments....
and also , their job isn't to keep letting you know about your past fines on their spare time....their job is to give you a ticket and then you pay it..i took law and security in school , then i was one for 2 weeks and relized how fuc*kin gay they arE and left!! haahha :laugh:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
ven

Post by ven »

ok people its a joke (read what hes saying)

common now laugh alittle

ven
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
If your in North Bay lets hang out and go for beers
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

dude its not a joke i had the same thing happen to me....a couple of years ago

Return to “Off-Topic”