Hey Baby-Eating-Dingo

Off-Topic Discussions
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Hey Baby-Eating-Dingo

Post by atlantamx3 »

Dude-- who are you??

You havent been around very long and you seem to know quite a bit about MX-3's...

Are you a Mazda Super Hero? :confused2:

Whos the man behind the mask? :confused2:

& whats up with the name?? :confused2:

Inquiring minds want to know. (well, really just me... LOL)

:2thumbsup:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
JWMX3

Re: Hey Baby-Eating-Dingo

Post by JWMX3 »

And hes pretty damn funny too....

:cool:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Who is this man you speak of? Does he bring with him the magical knowledge of the combustion engine?

lol

dude I'm tired...... :werd:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Sooo...callin me OUT dude!? I been SERVED! Hehehe, love a mystery-didn't realize this WAS one. Thx for props but no "magical knowledge" here.(at least...not about cars... :) in an 80 mile roundtrip commute thru hellacious Wash DC traffic. Wish I'd p/u a 94 GS but w/gas prices :) ). Impressive seat-of-the-pants power band gain from 2800-6000rpm.
*Halo sparkplugs - Improved throttle response, idle, and 10% better gas mileage + rated to 100K miles. Expensive but worth it & ONLY plug I found backed by independent testing. Installed now in all my cars.
*NGK Blue plug wires
*Clear front side-markers
*Clear front turn sigs w/chrome amber bulbs
*Black altezza rears w/chrome amber bulbs
*Audiobahn AS65Q speakers
*CF Look steering wheel wrap
*JDM (OK...Taiwan ;) ) Axle-back 2" ID SS mandrel exhaust- Car's on ramps now till I fig how to connect to the stock intermediate pipe which has a FUNKYAzz connection for the 95 RS. Arghh...PIA. Prolly get something fab'd.

Bunch more stuff still lying around to install-too much to list or this post'll be a damn book (already is) + if I write about it all, when will I have time to install...? lol
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

LOL

Your name is just so long that it really stands out and it took me a while to figure out what it said...LOL

Then all of your posts are pretty much dead-on right and explained very well.

I feel your pain about the garage thing-- I dont have one either. (SUCKS)

Sorry for "calling you out"-- but I was just curious how you knew so much so fast. I think you have become a fairly respected source of info on the board.

Thanks for the reply!

(BTW-- Seinfeld ruled!)
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Meep

Post by Meep »

I laughed when I first read his name thinking something along the lines, "Haha that's so clever"
Maybe someday I'll know enough about the MX-3 to actually do something constructive with mine. It being my first car at all though is kinda hindering me. Everything's new... *bleh*
:confused2:
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

hey how did you get the GS from transverse x-member to work on your GS
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Originally posted by David Witherow:
hey how did you get the GS from transverse x-member to work on your GS
The bodys on both the RS and GS are exactly the same. If you go to a junkyard that you can pick your own grab one (dont forget the bolts) and it will bolt right in. Also consider the rear lower tie bar, should bolt right in as well. Gives you a bit better handling.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Yup. Paid $60 USD for it to be shipped from the West Coast-couldn't find one closer to me. The GS front transverse member bolted right up to my 95 RS. My RS already had the threaded holes tapped right in although I've seen other UBB members post that they had to have their RS drilled and tapped, which is no biggie. Guess it's the luck of the draw whether or not your RS is predrilled/tapped. I know a few Protege owners who have done this mod as well although they all had to drill/tap since the Pro apparently didn't have this as an option.

Edit: I recently had to remove my transverse x-member for clearance to do some exhaust work & noticed the mounting holes on my 95 RS appear somewhat differently positioned than the GS underbody diagram in the Mazda Shop Manual. On closer inspection, the holes also don't have that "factory" stamped/drilled look to em. Is it possible a previous owner had these drilled and tapped? Dunno. If so, why was there no transverse x-member on the car when I bought it? Again, I dunno, maybe the previous one got bent running over something & was removed? But just a heads-up: if you have a 94/95 RS drilling/tapping the mounting holes may be required for installation. Not sure if this would apply to the 92/93 RS model as well.

<small>[ June 27, 2004, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: perhapsadingo8yerbaby ]</small>
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

see thats what i thought cause srd makes one and i was told that they dont work on the RS but if you bolted it on then i may order one....
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Your probably not the oldest.

Im 27, jeffs 28. We've been around a long time lol.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Originally posted by David Witherow:
see thats what i thought cause srd makes one and i was told that they dont work on the RS but if you bolted it on then i may order one....
DAVID! HOPE I CATCH YOU IN TIME ON THIS. The SRD front x-member/transverse member WILL NOT work on the RS.

I was previously referring to getting one of these off of a stock GS and bolting it onto the RS. In fact I just sent you a PM.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

exactly what he said. For performance purposes the stock GS crossmember will suffice for your RS.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

So when are you doing the BPT swap into that RS of yours? You can do it in my a/c'ed 2-car garage. I've already done a BP swap & i'm working on swapping the 1.6 out of my 323 for a 1.8 right now..should be done tuesday.

BTW: u coming to the MX3 meet tommorrow? Its in the "meets" section, so check it out.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
So when are you doing the BPT swap into that RS of yours? You can do it in my a/c'ed 2-car garage. I've already done a BP swap & i'm working on swapping the 1.6 out of my 323 for a 1.8 right now..should be done tuesday.
Hey thanks Gro but I don't have that swap on my radar... quite yet... :D ;) Saw your weekend post about being up til 7a working on a swap. Now THAT's what I'm talkin bout dude. Way ta go.

Return to “Off-Topic”