Motor Swap mx-6 into mx-3?????????????????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
OneHotPrecidia

Motor Swap mx-6 into mx-3?????????????????

Post by OneHotPrecidia »

Has anybody thought of taking the fe-3 motor and dropping it into an mx-3????? Please reply
The girl who does it all
Tempus

Re: Motor Swap mx-6 into mx-3?????????????????

Post by Tempus »

Might be possible, but doesn't look promising based in the info I found looking at a few links here at MX-3.com

Go here : MX-3.com Engine Swap Info Page

check this link: Mazda 4-Cylinder Engine History And Interchangability Guide

This text here makes me think it's not likely to be an easy swap
I get a lot of questions about Miata interchangabilty with the 1978-92 626/MX6 and B series truck motors because of the larger 2.0 liter displacement. Here's the scoop as I know it.

The ‘F’ motors (F,FE,F2, FS) are larger in both bore spacing and deck height than the ‘B’s are are mostly unrelated. Little to nothing will interchanges between the 'B' and 'F' motors, even the bellhousing bolt pattern is different from the 'B' motors.
Most folks with an RS seem to aim towards a BPT or other B series engine swap if they want more zoom zoom

<small>[ August 01, 2004, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Tempus ]</small>
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Limegreen mx-3

Re: Motor Swap mx-6 into mx-3?????????????????

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i'll ask my brother his am mx-6 freck while am an mx-3 freck. i don't think its an easy swap but with lots of time and money it is possable
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”