Netural to first?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
fictionaldaydream

Netural to first?

Post by fictionaldaydream »

I was wondering there is a track here and I think I might run one day for two reasons to see how fast in quater which will be really slow and just to be able to go fast without worrying about getting a ticket. <P>So my question is how do you go neutral to first. I mean when your in netural do you start to rev and then hit the clutch and slam the acclerater. I just want to be able to get a fast start. I am asking this so I can get the idea without doing something stupid. Thanks and sorry for not knowing much. :D
5spd_GS

Re: Netural to first?

Post by 5spd_GS »

umm... if you drive a standard you obviously know how to get the car into first gear.. when you are revving up, keep your car in first with your foot on the clutch and the gas as the same time so you can rev without moving.. dont rev like crazy though or youll just spin a crapload of rubber, and obviously if you are on a track your car wont roll anywhere so dont worry about brakes, im sure there are alot of people on the board who know alot more about track racing, but thats what i know..
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

So you don't have to put it in netural? :D
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

i would start and try to keep it @ 3-4K rpm and pop the clutch, try not to let off the gas when u shift gears, you have ot be quick. yea this will probably use more cluch material, but thats the best way to get the best times IMO. Unless you have a newer cluch, let off the gas some. But you will get a slower time.<p>[ August 09, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
bluefirert

Post by bluefirert »

wait, do you have a standard or automatic? because when i read the post i thought.. he's got a stick at first.. and then i thought that you might be talking about a neutral drop (or so i call it.. because if you launch too hard you can prolly drop your trans) if you do have an automatic, all you have to do is keep a foot on the brake and one on the gas.. your brakes should be able to hold you there.. then you rev the car up and go!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”