Pro Lx ECU Serial #?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

Pro Lx ECU Serial #?

Post by Shady469 »

went to the junk yard looking for a 92 pro lx SOHC manual ecu (for the B6t swap)and the guy said that there were three different serial #'s (diff. ecu's). does anybody know the right one? or does it matter?<p>[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: Shady469 ]</p>
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
Marlon

Re: Pro Lx ECU Serial #?

Post by Marlon »

why would u want the sohc ecu?
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shady469:
went to the junk yard looking for a 92 pro lx SOHC manual ecu (for the B6t swap)and the guy said that there were three different serial #'s (diff. ecu's). does anybody know the right one? or does it matter?<p>[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: Shady469 ]<hr></blockquote><p>huh, first, there is no Sohc engine in Protege LX between 90-94...<p>And, you want g25m-r<p>Ok, that was the Tranny Code.<p>Maybe www.protegetech.com could help you more..<p>[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Manach ]</p>
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Look at your wiring harness on your stock ECU... if it has 3 connectors, Derrick @ Corksport has them in stock. If it is a 2 wire (2 connectors) like mine then they have to order them. Personally I'm gonna go to the 90-94 323 GTX (BPT's) entire engine management system. It electronically controlls your ignition timing accordingly to boost, you can then use your knock sensor thats sitting in the back of the motor, & your fuel/timing maps are more up to par! Not to metion it changes the sucky 2 way TPS to a nice efficient potentiometer style TPS. TRUST me....it is worth the envestment. The only down side is your limited to 16psi of boost untill you get a boost cut eliminator (like $130-$150).<p>P.S.
The Protege ECU you want is a 90-94 Pro LX ECU.<p>[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: JWMotorsports ]</p>
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”