more clutch/flywheel probs +Q's

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

more clutch/flywheel probs +Q's

Post by Shady469 »

new clutch has been in for 600 miles and whines like hell if i give it any gas when i take off(normal driving). my guess is the flywheel wasnt resurfaced when they put it back in. and they threw away my clutch alignment tool(after i told them i would need the misc. stuff when i swap out my motor). looked in the ACT book and the spline size (H i think)is the same for MX-5 + MX-3.
i'm using my clutch for my MX-3 on the b6t so my end all question is do i get a flywheel for the m1 miata os just get mine shaved/resurfaced?
also, by taking some measurements(total leangth/placement of sensor/space between injectors) the SOHC mx-3 I/M should bolt on(crossing my fingers).
thanx in advance,
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
mx3g02

Re: more clutch/flywheel probs +Q's

Post by mx3g02 »

adjust your clutch springs
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

its the 4-puck w/ xtreme pressure plate
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
mx3g02

Post by mx3g02 »

can you give me some info on that, im tryin to find me some stuff
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

What's up Shady. Use your MX-3's flywheel & clutch on the B6T. I wouldn't recommend shaving your stock flywheel. Not only does it hold energy but it also functions as a heat sink for you clutch. Shave to much & you'll score the flywheel & or possible explode the flywheel. The best approch to a lightend flywheel is looking the the aftermarket world. The aftermarket lightned flywheels are made for other materials than your stock flywheel. They use a different matarial that is light, strong, and has better thermal properties such as strenght & transfer. I'd recommend you swaping in the Pro-LX setup like I did so you won't have experiance breaking diff after diff like me. If you want help doing the swap, let me know since I'm just over the mountain. Since I've already done it once...it'll be MUCH easier to do again!<p>As for you clutch problem...did you use a new throw out bearing when you installed it?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”