Kill check engine light... KILL!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Shades

Kill check engine light... KILL!!!

Post by Shades »

Grrr... my stupid car was hickuping on the way back from work. Was like it was misfiring or something... but it only did this under 3000rpm's... and in every gear. The check engine light blinked all the way home. So I ripped open the hood and looked at it... checked all the spark plug wires and scratched my head. Started the car up and again and it ran fine. Now the stupid check engine light is on and won't turn off... what an annoying light.<P>Must kill light... I'll give it 3 days to go off... or else... kill kill kill...<P> :D
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
bluefirert

Re: Kill check engine light... KILL!!!

Post by bluefirert »

i wouldn't go off and start ripping wires out from underneath your dash. the check engine light is somewhat of a tool that tells you when little things in your engine go bad (yes, it's the new fox special) generally, when this light goes off it means that a sensor somewhere in your (or on if you prefer) has gone bad. you can fix this yourself if you have one of those nifty plug in computers that reads your computer's code and tells you what's wrong, or you can take it to the mechanic of your choice and he'll do the same thing but charge you more. either way... get it fixed. odds are it's not a major problem but why let things pile up and possibly cause damage? get it checked, yoh.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”