crank/piston kit

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions

crank/piston kit

Post by Guest »

i know honda makes a kit for their cars that turns the 1.6 to a 2.0 and a 1.8 to a 2.2 and i just thought that would be cool if we could do this to our car <BR>to like the b6t or the bpt<BR>do you think there would be any way to adapt the kit or is there one out there already for mazdas<BR>i know it seems wierd but i think it would be cool and could handle more power then<BR>thanks for the reply's
maldo

Re: crank/piston kit

Post by maldo »

TODA Racing has a kit for the 1.6l B6ZE motor found in the 1G miata. The kit can be used on a B6T. It uses a new billet crank, rods and high CR pistons. Displacement goes from 1.6l to 1.9l. The pistons are no good for the b6t but any 2mm oversized piston works, Wiseco makes a set. The crank alone costs $3000 USD.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

if you look up paeco automotive , youll see that they will produce a stroker kit for the mx3 or any other car. the prices are very reasonable and under 3000 by far. they can also make it in titanium which is very expensive.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE

Post by Guest »

do yall believe these kits would add much power or not
justin h

Post by justin h »

It doesn't make enough horspower for the money. Stroker kits are more for V8 because you get more horspower. With 4 cyl. you don't get as much and it cost alot. It's one of those things you get if you've done everything else.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

i thought regrinds were kind of sketchy? will they hold up? i emailed the paeco people about pricing. i'll ask about warranties if they email me back.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”