crazy idle

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mixmastermark

crazy idle

Post by mixmastermark »

hey everyone , my idle is still messed up , and its driving me nuts. when i come to a stop , put in my clutch , and put on the brake , it goes form about 800-1500 and back and forth... any one have any idea whats causing this? it seems to be only when the brke is on th0 <BR>thanks
david103

Re: crazy idle

Post by david103 »

although i hear its extremely expensive to replace the valve that's causing the problem, i nearly fixed mine with 10 bucks. buy 2-3 bottles of Regain engine treatment, valve cleaner and use those on consecutive gas tanks. my idle used to be horrid too going from 500rpm to 2000rpm all the time. now it rarely jumps at all, and when it does its mild and quits right away.<P>dave
greg robinson

Post by greg robinson »

cheak your trottle cable or water pump and alternator belt could be lose or buy a MSD ignition and coil and change to super unleaded
zero
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

thanks for the unput guys.<BR>I;m still bafled th0 , because it only does it when the brake is pressed :(<BR>thanks
jeepdave

Post by jeepdave »

if ti just happens when you apply the brake check and make sure you dont have a vacume leak aomewhere hey its worth a shot :D
SLOW AND THE PISSED OFF<BR>(Take that Fast and the Furious)
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

i think there is some vaccum leak problems too , would that make it happen when you press on the brake? thanks
david103

Post by david103 »

i'm telling you, the regain method works. i had the same exact problem. the brake makes it happen and sometimes the ac makes it stop right? I don't think its a vaccuum hose prob at all. i've heard that its some sort of valve that gets clogged with carbon build up or something. there have been dozens of posts on this same problem, try them maybe???<P>dave
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

I'm going to give em a try for shure <BR>anything's worth a shot , do u know which valve it is? because i have my old engine lying around my place , and might be able to get it off of that <BR>thanks
david103

Post by david103 »

i dont' really know any technical names for too much on cars. everything is pretty much called a 'thingy' i think someone called it a P__ valve?????? sorry for my ignorance hehe<P>dave
justin h

Post by justin h »

PCV Valve.<BR>I heard the same. Replaced it for a few $, and nothing as far as the idle is concerned.
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

nothing changed ? or no problems with the idle any more?
justin h

Post by justin h »

nothing changed. I have a feeling it is the weak alternator + some other unfixable problem. Maybe the ecu is just slightly retarded. I've noticed that the problem magnifies if I'm listening to my stereo, and ever since I got my sub it got really bad.<BR>A recommendation to temporarily help is to leave it in 1st gear if you're sitting at a stop light. I've noticed that when the idle keeps bouncing up and down, putting it in gear stablizes it.
justin h

Post by justin h »

As far as the brake goes, I don't know about that. I don't have that problem.
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

ya man ,its nuts like that , its only when i touch my brake ...and after it warms up , is the engine's runnin cool , then its all good <BR>its getting annoyin , i feel bad for everyone , that has this problem.. its starting to seem like every mx3 has a messed up idle in one way or another .. we need to get to the bottom of this haha
mixmastermark

Post by mixmastermark »

could it be a sensor? i brought it into the mazda place here , and some codes came up..<BR>intake air sensor <BR>egr function sensor <BR>and the heated oxygen sensor<BR> :(

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”