Cold Air intake for 1.6!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Alberto

Cold Air intake for 1.6!

Post by Alberto »

Hey, anyone knows a site where to find a how to make a cold air intake for the 1.6 and how much will i expect to see on gains, and how easy/hard is for the intake to suck water on rainy days, please explain, thanks!<P>------------------<BR>Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Cold Air intake for 1.6!

Post by cjthor »

Hello all,<P> I have a 94 RS and I made an intake outta a civic intake. I cut it into two pieces and put the Mass Airflow Sensor in the middle. Looks really good. I am gonna email the pics to jeff so he can put them on my profile.<P> Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MonstaMX3

Post by MonstaMX3 »

please send me pics im looking to get a cai when i get back to my car in phoenix in a week. Im also gonna get a custom cat back. i have a 1.6l 4 manual and am looking for speed too. monsta_24@hotmail.com<BR>dont forget those pics, thanks peace<BR>
vroom vroom.... errr. ~tail-lights~ ahhh i lost again, atleast my car looks good! :)
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

DREAMER please send me the pics!! i need an idea how to install this! where did you put the MAF? all the way to the ground or just extended the piping after the maf with the filter at the end? thanks for the reply!<P>------------------<BR>Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Sorry for the double post, but can you post the list of the materials you used and wehre to find them?<P>------------------<BR>Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

Hey! i just added some piping to my existing intake to route the air filter to the fender well, it feels stronger with more torque on lower rpms and the heat is no more a problem, im looking forward to cut a 3" hole in the bumper and make it a Ram Intake, but will it be worthy? anyone who has done it?<BR>thanks!<P>------------------<BR>Alberto<BR>1993 Mx-3 1.6l Se<BR>Brilliant Black!
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

send me some pics at bmxguy25@yahoo.com please. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
bigpeepee

Post by bigpeepee »

i have a three inch pipe coming from my throttle body to mass-air flow sensor and then down by the tranny. i had intake that just was a filter connect to old oem parts and my new made a nice difference. i am selling it though in favor of the b6t swap.
LUIS

Post by LUIS »

si quieres ver y oir el mio podemos contactarnos y yo te ayudo o te explico<BR>el intake es de civic y el filtro ractive <BR>con extension.<P> suren<BR> protege_eshotmail.com :D
Luis A. Suren<BR>http://members.cardomain.com/surenmx3<BR> project mx-3 wild
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreamer:<BR><STRONG><BR>10-15 easy hp<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>do you have dyno sheets of that 10-15hp gain or did you just 'feel' it. c'mon now. you cant get that much hp from an intake without a turbo or more mods.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG><P>do you have dyno sheets of that 10-15hp gain or did you just 'feel' it. c'mon now. you cant get that much hp from an intake without a turbo or more mods.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>yeah, he's exagerating.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Tman

Post by Tman »

So, you can take a 92-95 civic cold air intake and put the maf in the middle? With minor cutting. Is that correct. I dont want to go out and buy some honda intake and it not work.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tman:<BR><STRONG>So, you can take a 92-95 civic cold air intake and put the maf in the middle? With minor cutting. Is that correct. I dont want to go out and buy some honda intake and it not work.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>not the whole intake system...just the tube from a 92-95. i checked and it fits....well actually the intake and filter is the whole system itself...so yea if you have no filter yet just get the system...just make sure that it bends at 45 degrees after around 5 inches....after that bend, it should go another foot and then bend 90 degrees and should stop after 4 more inches. the thing is you have to put it on backwards...like where the filter goes in the civic setup is where youll connect the throttle body for the mx3 setup.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
renef

Post by renef »

SINCE NOBODY ACTUALLY PUT ANY PICS (that I can see from the posts)<P>I WILL POST MY PIC OF MY INTAKE.<P>(it's not a real cold air, but it's what I got)<P>AND NOW... MY INTAKE...<P> Image <P>taken from a Mazda 323. Or, you can do a Mitsubishi Mirage intake. Either one will do the trick nice.<P>REMEMBER! PUT THAT SUCKER ON TIGHT! OR IT WILL FALL OFF ON THE HIGHWAY AND MAY CAUSE YOUR PREMATURE DEATH IF YOU'RE SPEEDING.<P>You've been warned.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

yo renef..? what degree are those bends? how many inches are they also?
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”