lambo doors

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

ehh i need a car first.. still dont have a working mx3. :(

but i'm planning to test fit one of the hinges just for shits'n'giggles on my blue one. o yea and i bought the pair (without shocks) for $640CND which came to around $540USD actually. not a bad deal!! it just took a while. i'd still say they're a good deal at what he's charging now. i just gotta see if they work good or not before i say anything more ;)
92 Autozam AZ3
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

damn.. these things take a lot of work to install! i took off the fender and removed the hinges, but there is a LOT of frame pieces (ends of welds where pieces came together) that get in the way, and i will have to grind them off. so i figure it's better to wait til get the car i'm actually gonna use to drive than do all this work to install them on my crashed one. not to mention i still dont have any shocks for em.. so sorry guys, but it'll be a while. :?
92 Autozam AZ3
Neil

Post by Neil »

hey sam,

i got your msg on msn this morning. need to talk to ya tonight if your around :)
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
TestDummyMx3

Post by TestDummyMx3 »

do you know what shocks you are getting and how much they will cost???
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

nah not yet.. i have the part #'s but he's gonna get me a link so i can buy them online. he usually gets em at Canadian Tire, but since we dont have that place here (WHY THAT STORE IS SO COOL) then i just gotta wait for him.

anywayz UPDATE!! i get my new mx3 tomorrow! w00t! time to install some stuff and strip the old one 8)
92 Autozam AZ3
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Canadain Tire is NOT cool.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
TestDummyMx3

Post by TestDummyMx3 »

sam is there anychance you can email me)peterkemp@gmail.com) or post the item number for the shocks..bc i have a canadian tire and would like to know how much it is......thank you
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

yea.. 4422 and 4103.. two of each so i'm guessin it might be somewhat expensive, and thats why Shea didnt include them in the kit. either way i would have tho, since currently i dont have a complete kit. anywayz i'll update in a few days when things settle and i can install them.
92 Autozam AZ3
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

I don't think they're expensive at all, which made his $800+ "deluxe" kit so ridiculous.
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

STRUTS UPDATE.......... Just went downt to canadian tire and i looked at the part numbers that Sam gave me......For the complete set of 4 shocks it will run for a grand retail price off $80.5161 USD....thats $100 Canadian FOR ALL 4..... WOW and he is selling them for an extra $250.....I bet he is making some nice $$$$$$....Keep us updated sam
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

omg thats so much $$!! but i dont care.. i'm gonna do this right. gettin the hinges powdercoated as soon as i can so that they dont rust up or anything. but sadly it'll be a while til i get em in. few weeks i'd say.. sorry guys i wont have pix for a while.
92 Autozam AZ3
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

If anyone has some blue prints of these lambo kits I can email them to my brother and have them made at the shop he works at for cheaper than what they are now. :) My brother operates a laser that cuts equipment for the military and stuff so they got everything we could need to get it done. Could even have them made of kevlar if thats what people wanted lol.
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

heh, I volunteered as well. My old man is manager of a huge boom shop. We can make anything out of steel. :twisted:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

ok.... Shea's lame. today i got a bill from UPS Canada saying i owed $40+ for customs! WTF SHEA?? he didnt put it as a gift, so i am now forced to pay WAY more than i should, not to mention i still have no shocks, and i have to get the hinges powdercoated cuz they look all rusty. kinda changing my opinion on this deal..
92 Autozam AZ3
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I still say you should draw up some cheesy blue prints of the things so we can get a more reliable source for these. Screw Shea, he sounds like a boner to me :roll:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???

Return to “Appearance”