FAILED! Stories of hope!

Off-Topic Discussions
93vtecklr

Re: FAILED! Stories of hope!

Post by 93vtecklr »

So, decided to go downtown for a night with the boys. Do some breakin, get my swerve on. Had a great night, until it ended. Went to the car to find a fist fight goin on, on the hood of my car. Bar security, fail.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If there's any damage, you can sue.

Here's my latest fail in progress;
I've been reading about MegaSquirt for many hours over the last few months, and still can't make heads or tails of it. I can't tune it. There is So much math, and scientific mumbo-jumbo that it all looks like little black shapes dancing on the page, taunting me. When I ask for help, it is almost as confusing as trying to find the answers in the MegaManual itself (when I'm lucky enough to get help). Fortunately, the guy I got it from gave me a base tune, and it runs fine (somewhere over 162WHP on a Mustang [lower #s] Dyno). It just isn't "right". I should be able to get at least 20 more WHP out of it (more on a DynoJet). It's frustrating, like trying to assemble something I've never seen before, using instructions in a different language. A computer guy would have it done in a few days. If I could hire someone to physically walk me through it, and answer my questions, I'd get it.
Oh well. My clutch is going out, anyway :(
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Here's a fail for the ages. Since I've been laid off I've been on EI getting maximum payments of 882 bi weekly. When I was working I was able to order thousands of dollars of parts with my visa and pay it off on time, every time. I went to the bank to get a short term loan to get rid of the visa until I'm back at work. Loan approved in 15 minutes, applied to my account, bing bang boom booyakasha I can have a life again. Went to take my dad for lunch for his birthday, declined. I just had 882 deposited this morning. Turns out the bank saw fit that if I have money in the bank I don't need a loan. They cleaned out my account and applied it to the balance of the loan, without my consent. After 3 hours, 45 minutes, and roughly 38.3 seconds later they tell me there's nothing that can be done. Because I signed on the dotted line.

EDIT: maybe 30 seconds after posting this the bank called. They deposited the amount back into my account, as well as 150 dollars for my trouble, hush money I suppose. So it worked out, but I've never ever ever ever had a payment declined for anything in my life. It's so embarassing, I'm 24.74yrs old but look 16. The manager of the restaurant looked at me like some punk a-- broke kid. I may be laid off but I always have money. And I'm always responsible with what/how little I have.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

My neighbors internet fails. This makes it hard for me, because his wireless is unsecured, and I depend on him for my internet... whoever he is.
Apparently, ten other people do the same. This also makes it hard for me.

My car fails. Since May, the piston rings failed. Spent 1500 bucks on a full rebuild.
My brand new tires got slashed. bye bye 400 dollars.
And last month my car got broken into. see ya later work uniform, windshield sun visor, 20 dollar radio, check book, 20 bucks in cash, and a pack of condoms. Could have left the work uniform... and the condoms.

My "friends" fail. My old roommate stole over 300 dollars from me. Then blamed me for it. WTF?

So now I'm a very possible target of identity theft. My bank account had to be closed, police report, and I have to be signed up on a "credit watch" because if they start cashing checks it's going to F#&^ up my credit. Delicious.

Absolutely delicious.

And grandma said I can't marry any girl that's not Puerto Rican. Seriously, grandma? I mean, I'm not going to listen to you, but seriously?

I swear, if I had a cat, it'd liquid poop in the living room, barf in the bedroom, then go die in the closet.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Super K I am LOL at your post hahahaha :lol:

and how do you steal a windshield sun visor? like the actual tint strip or the visor attached to the ceiling?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

No, just the little sun reflectors things you buy at wal mart.

except mine were the little round collapsible ones, they're really neat. Except when they're stolen.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Ok, here's my tidbit of despair...
Little over a year ago, I was unemployed, and having a real hard time. So one day, I went to my nearest Advance Auto Parts to apply. They weren't hiring, but one of the employees told me another store needed people, so there I went. To make a long story short, a week later I started to work there, part time. YIPPEEEE!!
My first day at work, I left my $250 bicycle chained to a sign at the front of the store. I had that bike on sale, and a possible buyer was gonna come see it that afternoon. When I got off work, the bike wasn't there anymore.
So I started working like an animal, while begging for more hours (which were consistently denied, because the company doesn't want full timers), and at the same time looking for another job. I'm still looking. Meanwhile, I started saving every penny I could, to get a car.
Almost a full year later, I saw on craigslist an ad that looked like heaven. A '94 mx3, good shape, with a '95 b6 with 47000 miles on it, and a busted automatic tranny for $500 (yeah, five hundred). So, in the afternoon of Sunday, April 26th, a tow truck was kindly putting my newly acquired little baby on my driveway. Best day of my life.
So, a week later I had already gotten the new tranny (manual), flywheel and shifter assembly from a junkyard, and was trying to find somebody with a truck to give me a ride to buy some sheetmetal, and some wood at home depot. After about 3 weeks, I finally could buy everything, so I spent a whole weekend building a shelving unit to organize my place, so I could take the engine out for a full blueprint and detailing. After finishing the unit on Sunday night, I went to wal mart to get some food. I glanced at my car, thinking on how much fun I'd have on Tuesday (my next day off), when I finally pulled that engine.
Next morning, I woke up at 6 to go to work, and when I got out, my car wasn't there! :crying:

So, now, here I am, saving again, keeping an eye on craigslist, and dreaming...
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

So I have always had two wireles routers running at the same time. The real one is secured with MAC filtering, unbroadcast SSID, and WPA2-AES encryption. The second one is throttled to the point where you can barely watch YoouTube and is completely open/unsecre. However, it also has a network/packet monitoring software package installed. Basically, I can see what you are doing, since you have no expectation of privacy if you connect to it.

Sucks for the people hopping on I suppose...I think I have enough data to steal a few identities =\
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

You jerk, and you voted "I'm nice" too!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

SuperK wrote:You jerk, and you voted "I'm nice" too!
Not nice would be to not reveal my plan! Or to carry out with identity theft...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Is this an epic win for myself on the basis that you can't make this s--- up? Or a terrible fail for both of us? You be the judge.

Red light, I roll up gearin down car soundin all sexy, look over....aveo 5; yellow, clean, gas door open, cap hanging out. I figure, meh, what the hell. The driver is a middle aged man of Asian descent. Then I think what if mine was open? I'd probably want somebody to tell me. Turning light illuminates, not much time left. Try to get his attention but his celine dion CD was playing too loud and his windows were up. So I get out, walk to the car, screw in the cap and close the door. People are laughing as I do this, one guy in a big diesel gave me two thumbs up actually. The guys rolls down his window, and in a full thick mandarin accent he says, "Allah be with you". Go figure.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Fail: Meetings with lawyer imminent, realtor inevitable, and possibly having to sell all my babies. Currently separated, yet divorce is in the air.

Hope: I got called back to work, and found a mint non-starting 95 mx6 from an older chinese gentleman for 500. It needs a battery.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Fail: Lost my car, my licence, and my girlfriend

Hope: Have 3 cars, getting the licence back, and got the girlfrind back too :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Fail: Put the lime in the coconut. shook it all up.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Work Fail...

I work for an oilfield technology company and much of what I do is writing manuals for operations and maintenance of the mobile equipment. So often, I need to get someone out in the field to get a picture of some tool or procedure so that I can illustrate it effectively. So I contact one of the supervisors nad say "Hey, man...can you get me a picture of the angle finder so I can show people how it is used?" He says "Sure...I can do that."

So he sends me not one, but two photographs of a page of our own catalogue...which I helped write, showing the angle finder in question.

Monumental Fail..but kind of funny.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Off-Topic”