FAILED! Stories of hope!

Off-Topic Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

FAILED! Stories of hope!

Post by SuperK »

... Or stories that make you feel better... because someone else sucks worse than you!

So recently (or not recently), what have you done that has just turned out BAD? Great intentions, miserable failure?

I have one that happened to me this morning, it's quite funny!

So I'm working at FedEx this morning, out on the dock... in the middle of the dock is this table where we put packages that's been damaged or items that have fallen out of boxes or such...

Anyways, I see this small black aerosol container, you know, the Axe ones, the body spray?

So curiously, I pick it up. I know there's another body spray... goodness, I can't remember the name of it... they have those wierd commercials where there's some hot chick that's like, "do you step up?" or something of the sort.

Anyways, my co worker, who's a good friend, starts walking towards me, while I'm holding this. It says, "New fragrance"

I pull the cap off...

I look at him...

I want to smell good! so I aim at my chest, push the button...

"pshh, pshh, pshhhk!" I spray three times... look down... and

AWW CRAP, IT WAS SHAVING CREAM!

SON OF A GUN!
Last edited by SuperK on March 18th, 2008, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
solo_ryder

Re: Your Recent Failures?

Post by solo_ryder »

HAHAHA FAILED.

This weekend i decided that I was going to be smart and pull my gauge cluster in an attempt to fix my clock which keeps reseting. I thought maybe the gauge cluster was defective.

So I proceed to remove the gauge cluster while listening to Dimmu Borgir. I removed the stock cluster (with my reverse EL gauges) and start tearing it apart to transfer over to a 94 RS cluster with 125km. I FINALLY get it done (the metal arms that hold the cluster in place are different for a 94 so I had to swap them) and I install the cluster. I turn the key and what do you know! the clock dont even work! DAMN!

So I proceed to grab my OTHER cluster from my parts car, I have many parts FYI. I take the clock from that and put it into my 94 RS cluster, I put it all back in and plug it in.. DOESNT WORK! DAMN!

So I was so upset, I went inside to talk to my mother as she is my emotional crutch.. She made me some food and then I started putting my STOCK cluster back together! I put in a new clock from the parts car and FINALLY put it all back in, THE CLOCK STILL DONT WORK RIGHT WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

At this point I dont care anymore and I know I have FAILED misserablly. I take a drive down the road to cool off and the DAMN SPEEDO NEEDLE IS STICKING!!!!! FACK

This is currently where I stand today.

Moral of the story is that gauge clusters suck and so does not having a room fuse as after I did all of this I find that is why the clock is reseting.. it cant hold memory.

W
T
F

I want that time I spent doing this, returned to my life :cry:
solo_ryder

Re: FAILED! Stories of hope!

Post by solo_ryder »

Oh and Super K Cereal..

Since you changed the title of the thread.. THERE IS NO HOPE FOR MY GAUGE CLUSTER SITUATION :freak:
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

FAILURE JAJAJAJAJA

Post by Mooneggs »

no the reason you failed is because when you swap a 94 dash cluster to a 92 the clock doesn't work - it's been this way for years in the slow car :?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

IT'S SPECIAL K CEREAL!!!!

I'm not cereal, I'm a freakin' FORTUNE COOKIE!

And the change was a request fulfilled for mooneggs.

Go ahead and start crying, "noo, they be stealin' mah hope!"
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Well the clock from the 94 gs parts car works..

Maybe cause its ODBI
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

solo_ryder wrote: Maybe cause its ODBI
Maybe YOU ARE ODB1 :freak:
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Mooneggs wrote:
solo_ryder wrote: Maybe cause its ODBI
Maybe YOU ARE ODB1 :freak:

I feel like I've been robbed....
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Guys, it's supposed to be stories of failure, lets not get sidetracked on randomness!

It's like, we're failing to create a failure thread. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Now where are the stories!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Volones

Post by Volones »

SuperK wrote:It's like, we're failing to create a failure thread. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!
Epic Fail?
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

What's your employee #?
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Was demostrating some pentesting techniques to some law and justice students, but I mixed up the IP of the target machine. Accidently ended up taking down the school network...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Here is my first story of failure with my mx-3.

It was a nice summer day and I was washing the fast car. For some reason my keys were in the ignition maybe because I had just moved it into some shade so it would not dry as fast. Sometime during the wash the car decided to lock itself. The experts have yet to determine why/how this happened.

So now my car is shining gloriously in the sun, sparkling clean. But I cannot get in. At first I try the normal methods of breaking into a car... (no I did not smash the window). I tried the coat hanger method - FAILED.

I did not feel like spending $50 on a pop-a-lock so after analyzing my options I decide I resort to the next method which I still think to this day is a just a tad extreme.

I removed my fender and door. YES completely removed the tire, inner guard for the fender, fender and the entire door. did it work? YES would I do it again? NO I would rather pay $50 then go through all of that... ever since then I have carried spare keys should my car decide to lock itself in fear of it's life... (I still don't know why it fears).

so this is one of my greatest FAILURES of all time (regarding the MX-3).
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Ok so mines not that bad but the first time (only time) I had to replace the clutch in my car I was really excited about it and made sure to do everything right. I even went out and bought a new slave cylinder and cleaned out all the sludge in there and treated it like I cared. Anyway The fork in there seemed to want to not be in the right position so I took the time to put it back right and reposition the spring and everything. Then I finally put it in the car. Ive been coming back and forth from school for like three weeks cause I could only spend a couple of hours each weekend working on it as I went to school 100 miles away and I was driving my parents buick. So the big day comes and I put it back in and my dad bleeds the line. Go for the start up and about run him over cause it was in gear and the clutch wouldnt let go when the pedal was pushed in...so i asked him. are you sure its bleed all the way and he swore it was and that I mist have put the fork in wrong or something so I ended up going back to school and thinking about it a week. Came back and bleed the clutch line some more and it worked perfect...but I was ready to rip it apart and see where I had messed up on the fork. Glad I gave the clutch line some more thought.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

About 5 years ago I was workign in a call center on the late shift so I got out of work at midnight. It was January, which in Edmonton means it was -35C, and one of the guys I work with couldn't get his car started. Being the helpful soul that I am, I offered to give him a boost...but I have no cables. Luckily he does so he pops the trunk and I go around the back of the car to grab them. The car has no actual handle to lift the trunk, so I grab above the license plate, which looks like where you would grab to open this trunk, and pull.

You know how brittle plastic gets when it's really cold? His entire license plate garnish and trunk lid trim literally exploded in my hand...just as he was running back to tell me that the trunk was frozen shut and he couldn't get it open.

OOOPS....sorry.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Off-Topic”