OutlaW-1997 Mazda MX-3 K8 V6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
OutlaW

Re: OutlaW - 1997 Mazda MX-3 K8 V6 - Portugal

Post by OutlaW »

!NEWS FLASH!
I just arrived from a place that made me soooooooooooooooooo happy
I just spent the last 2 hours, talking to the owner and working in a MX3
He is going to sell his car to the junkyard, and since he doesnt need the car with working parts ... here are the business :
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH i finally got a GS lip ! despite it's cracked in the middle, with tender love , plastic and a new paintjob ... my car is going to get his LIP
We also booked to work on the car this Saturday, or Sunday ... because i am going to exchange my front seats with him , plus a new Fog light since one of mine is cracked
It's a pity that the car has no cruise control, if he had it, he would sell it to me too :D
I was talking to him, and telling about this forum ...
he is felling sorry he has to sell the car, but he cant afford the gas prices :(
He is trying to make as much money as he can with the car, and i thought of u guys:

Anyone wants a set of stock GS rims ?
Anyone for the rear mk1 seats ?
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

5-spoke GS rims would be perfect. :) I have a set of old style, would like to have those new.

BTW, I am just trying to install cruise control in my EU MX-3 V6, when I finish and it would work, I can provide you step-by-step instructions how to install and wire it. :)
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Congratulations!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

ok, here we go ...
When i get my computer fixed , i will take some new pics :mrgreen:

comments on the new parts :
leather MK1 seats - WOW man, they can get really hot ... but they are far more cool and more tight in corners
new foglight - i had a broken one, now its fixed
ive got an extra bulb holder to get my 4 taillight mod ( help mooneggs !!! )
K1 Racing 10mm sparkplug wires - I havent tested them at high rpm's, but they sure make a difference in the low rpm's
custom MazdaSpeed CAI - it's so cool , i love it, more quick to accelerate
all those parts that i painted in red, are now in mateBlack ( except the groundwire ) - getting rid of the ricer virus
painted my chrome windshield washers in Noble green - getting rid of the ricer virus
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

just a footnote, the quality in these photos is a result of the merge between a poor skill (mine) and a cellphone
I am going back to that place, when i fix my computer and take some snapshots with my Fujifilm :wink:
without further delays ...
in these pics, my mods are :
Custom MazdaSpeed C.A.I.
MK1 leather seats
K1 Racing 10mm sparkplug wires
rice virus almost beaten, with some red parts in a good mate black
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Guys, i am in a big trouble :? :crying:
I was going to work after lunch, and my gearbox had a problem. It made a snap, and now i have the third gear ON, and i cant get it off...
The gearlever seem to be loose on 3rd and 4th gear, and when the car is moving the gear lever cant go into 1st and 5th.
I went to an autoshop, and they saw tat it must be an internal gearbox problem, since this car has little parts on the outside of the box
I was going to my vacations on August 2nd ... the car has ruined my vacations :crying:
i need help :(
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: OutlaW-1997 Mazda MX-3 K8 V6 -- HELPPPP !!

Post by Daninski »

It's all about perspective. This is a blessing in disguise. If it had of happened on your Holidays far from home you'd really be screwed. Like I said, it's all about perspective so be grateful not sad. You really wanted to work on your car anyway right. lol
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
npspears

Re: OutlaW-1997 Mazda MX-3 K8 V6 -- HELPPPP !!

Post by npspears »

Don't worry man. A manual tranny installation isn't too bad. Just gotta have the right kind of tools.

Check out this guy's worklog. He explains a tranny install.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=63046
OutlaW

Re: OutlaW-1997 Mazda MX-3 K8 V6

Post by OutlaW »

the car goes into 666Netosport monday afternoon ... hope it get's back soon
i placed pictures of my new custom CAI ... so many people asked me those, and now no one talks about it ? weird ...
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

here is another car tuned by NetoSport 666 ... hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R_IUi8A1wg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

is it me , or was the PRM intake inspired in mine ?

hehehhehe
i never tried to copy it, but it kind looks the same ... :confused2:
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

some great NEWS

on wednesday i picked up my new K8 gearbox
I delivered it to my autoshop, and asked if they can hurry it up because a life of a MXer without his car is HELL
Today i picked up my car...
Test Drive : The gears go in and out like never before, the slipping clutch problem is fixed at the moment, the clutch pedal grabs the gears really really hard, but it is soft on the way down and up ...
Now for the goods part ... Now i have :
OutlaW/MazdaSpeed Cold Air Intake
K1 Racing 10mm sparkplug wires
Denso Iridium sparkplugs
stock FPR ajusted to give me a little more fuel pressure

Maybe it's because i was missing my car really bad, but i pushed the car really good on the highway
I can only say this ... i made 15.57 ... people here made a bet that i couldnt get my car to at least 14.99 ... i feel so sorry for them ... until october , i will let everyone doubt my car ... October DragRacingShow i will have the last laugh :wink: :welder:
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

yesterday i returned home with some good news ...
it seems my K8 is having the same behaviour of my former car ( a 1.6 16v Citroen SAxo )
Let me explain ... about a month ago, i broke my gearbox.
Since the car was stopped, i asked my autoshop if they could make more things to it
I had a set of DENSO IRIDIUM plugs put in, and they tweeked my OEM fuel pressure higher ...
Since then the car is far better, especially in 3rd and 4th gear, it revs a lot faster
I wasn´t pulling ALL the time, but i wasn´t granny-driving either ... and the car made a 29mpg average !
it was a great improvement in my mpg ( instead a less mpg ) and i cant understand why ....
NEW mpg : 29
OLD mpg: 23.6

How ? :shrug:
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

I am triyng to buy these rims from a friend ... they are 16" ... what do u guys think ?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Congrats on the car being fixed, and running well, AND getting better mileage! Those rims look good.
Personally I think the tires are too low profile, but that's just my opinion.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”