thinking klze turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
marcdh

Re: thinking klze turbo

Post by marcdh »

K series come with MLS (multi layered steel) gaskets so you're good to go. You can actually see the MLS HG sticking out at certain point around the heads.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

thanks guys. i really appriciate all the help ive gotten. and im sure im gonna need alot more.
the more and more research i do. and the more and more i learn. the more and more i fall in love with the preformance world.
i wish i had the knowledge and money to do this today. but i wanna do it right. so i am taking my time.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You can download Maximum Boost on Torrent and a few other places. It's really worth the read.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha thanks ill look for it tonight
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

wytbishop wrote:Turbocharging is complicated. If you don't even know what the PRC solenoid in your engine bay is (let alone how to spell solenoid) how do you realistically think you can assemble a functioning turbo system?

Do a search for "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell and read it. Read the whole book, every word. Then do a google search for "Turbo Engine Management " and read everything that looks like it might have anything to do with what you're trying to do.

You don't just go on a forum and ask.."What do I need to turbo my ride?" People spend years researching and reading other people's worklogs and identifying their goals and understanding the principles and on and on and on before they ever start a project like this. Start with learning more about your car. Read some magazine articles about tuning and understand how the Megasquirt works and what it's capable of and what you'll need it to do.

It's super disappointing to me when guys come on here and think that someone will just tell them everything they need to know. Hang around for a couple of years and you'll learn a thing or two. Take some ownership of the knowledge you lack. Do some of the legwork and come back with a legitimate question and we'll all come to your aid. But this...I find it insulting.
Everyone starts somewhere...people can learn from books and forums and such, i'm no pro at turbocharging cars, i'm on the side watching my friends, learning how to properly turbo a car, shoot im still lost at some points. I come here cause i think maybe some fellow drivers can answer questions. But yet some get put down rather harshly. I would like to enjoy u turbo'd ze.My build is coming along slowly,but i would much rather do it once right then two time. So when i ask, i have used the research botton and so on. I'd rather come to the people who know my car, rather then a Honda forum to ask a question. :( Am thanksful for those who have helped me!
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

SpatialTerror wrote:now i have bought a klze. and put it in my 93 mx3 gs. i think its the millenia motor. sense it doesnt have the kl31 cams. now does that mean i have the right injectors. and how can i check to see if i have the right injectors?
are the ebay turbo kits safe? ive herd that they have faulty waste gates.
and i am running the mx3 ecu. so is this safe for the a/f ratio? running a turbo.
whats a safe boost to run?
i dont know much about how to install a turbo. i have the basics down. on how to get it in and installed.
is there anything i need to know as far as tuning wise.
what should i buy.
keep in mind this car is a daily driver.
it will be a little while b4 i can buy the turbo kit. sense i am lacking funding.
please help. i will post my questions as they come up
MX-3zoom...I'm not suggesting that the guy doesn't deserve our help. Nor you. But his original post in this thread, which I have quoted here in case you haven't read it, shows clearly that this person doesn't have a clue (sorry ST, but it's true) and he's asking questions that he ought to be answering himself by reading and learning. There is lots about cars & performance work that it very complicated and sometimes the hive mind is required to understand but the questions he's asking suggest to me that he hasn't put much effort into learning about his car, let alone designing a turbo system.

I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I have educated MYSELF enough to know when a question comes up if I should ask the forum or do a little bit more reading. That is the standard we are trying to hold people to when we tell you to go do your research.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha i feel like an idiot reading what i wrote. ive learned alot sense then.
so my game plan is buy an ebay turbo kit. and megasquirt and afpr
buy a name brand turbo,waste gate,and bov,
and swap the chineese s--- out.
and then take it to a shop have them check it over to make sure i did everything right and stick it on a dyno and tune it
SpatialTerror
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

wytbishop wrote:
SpatialTerror wrote:now i have bought a klze. and put it in my 93 mx3 gs. i think its the millenia motor. sense it doesnt have the kl31 cams. now does that mean i have the right injectors. and how can i check to see if i have the right injectors?
are the ebay turbo kits safe? ive herd that they have faulty waste gates.
and i am running the mx3 ecu. so is this safe for the a/f ratio? running a turbo.
whats a safe boost to run?
i dont know much about how to install a turbo. i have the basics down. on how to get it in and installed.
is there anything i need to know as far as tuning wise.
what should i buy.
keep in mind this car is a daily driver.
it will be a little while b4 i can buy the turbo kit. sense i am lacking funding.
please help. i will post my questions as they come up
MX-3zoom...I'm not suggesting that the guy doesn't deserve our help. Nor you. But his original post in this thread, which I have quoted here in case you haven't read it, shows clearly that this person doesn't have a clue (sorry ST, but it's true) and he's asking questions that he ought to be answering himself by reading and learning. There is lots about cars & performance work that it very complicated and sometimes the hive mind is required to understand but the questions he's asking suggest to me that he hasn't put much effort into learning about his car, let alone designing a turbo system.

I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I have educated MYSELF enough to know when a question comes up if I should ask the forum or do a little bit more reading. That is the standard we are trying to hold people to when we tell you to go do your research.
Just so you know i picked Max boost up at Barnes and Noble. Reading it learning it. So i can understand it better, thanks.
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It's an old book but it will give you a really good basic understanding of turbocharging. I have a copy on my shelf too.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well i havnt finished reading through it yet. but its pretty helpful.
theres alot to this.
it so simple but yet so complex.
i already know this is what im gonna do now.
haha now its just a matter of gettin the cash
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so i kinda figured out a basic parts list.
ebay turbo manifold/down pipe.
ebay piping kit w/ intercooler. (i still need to figure out the size of piping i need)
turbonetics stage t3/t4 turbo.
megasquirt 2 ecu
jeggs afpr
wastegate and bov.(still deciding on what brand)
boost controler
psi gauge
and a/f ratio gauge.
tell me if im missing anything
and i also have another question.
is there any other injectors besides the millenia s injectors i can buy?
and if so could i get a link?
SpatialTerror
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

550cc - xtremethings on ebay

RX7 injectors fit with some modding (this is the same guy - Michael/KLZE Porsche selling the above rails) :
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread. ... 7+injector

And there's the old boring out your rails to accept nissan rails:
probetalk how to

There's a guy selling bored out rails ready to accept nissan injectors:
probetalk
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

omfg thats a huge price tag on the extreme things. haha i was thinking of buying those. but they wont let you just off there site.
so i kinda gave up but now thats probally gonna be the first thing i buy on account of the huge price tag
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

has anyone tried the rx7 secondary injectors? i think there 850cc.
they look like they would fit
heres a pic
SpatialTerror
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Does anyone know off the top of their head the maximum amount of boost that can be supported with the stock injectors? I'm just curious.

I think if I was going to get serious I would pick up a set of those xtremethings rails.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “Forced Induction”