thinking klze turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

thinking klze turbo

Post by SpatialTerror »

now i have bought a klze. and put it in my 93 mx3 gs. i think its the millenia motor. sense it doesnt have the kl31 cams. now does that mean i have the right injectors. and how can i check to see if i have the right injectors?
are the ebay turbo kits safe? ive herd that they have faulty waste gates.
and i am running the mx3 ecu. so is this safe for the a/f ratio? running a turbo.
whats a safe boost to run?
i dont know much about how to install a turbo. i have the basics down. on how to get it in and installed.
is there anything i need to know as far as tuning wise.
what should i buy.
keep in mind this car is a daily driver.
it will be a little while b4 i can buy the turbo kit. sense i am lacking funding.
please help. i will post my questions as they come up
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Re: thinking klze turbo

Post by SpatialTerror »

oh and also. i bypassed the egr sylinoides or how ever you spell that. and the fpr controller. you know that thing that runs from the fpr into it. then out of it into the manifold. and i dont know much about tuning. but i dont wanna run a crappy tune
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

I think still need to do allot of research!

if you don't want a crappy tune you'll need megasquirt or an other standalone..

as for the injector you can run some millenia-s injector(not the one you have with your engine right now) if you only want small boost.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well i was thinking 3 to 4 psi on the road. and if i bought the kit. i wouldnt have money right away for the megasquirt. although i want one.
but my main question is will it work with my setup? without thowing a rod. or something going bad right off the get go?
SpatialTerror
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

if you only want to run around 4psi your stock motor should handle it

but youll still need a FMU AFPR to control the fuel under boost if you cant buy megasquirt
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

so my injectors can handle that? what about 7 to 9 psi. i only wanna run that much on the strip
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

oh and what does fmu stand for. fuel management u
and afpr is air fuel pressure regulator right?
SpatialTerror
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

lol dude you need to used the search button!

fmu fuel management unit afpr ajustable fuel pressure regulator!

good luck
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

SpatialTerror wrote:so my injectors can handle that? what about 7 to 9 psi. i only wanna run that much on the strip
no youll need some bigger injector for boost...
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

If you don't have th money, you don't do it.
If you don't have the technology, don't do it.
If you don't have the down skills or experience/ know how....
If you cannot afford down time with your car......

You are no where near a turbo project. Oh... and I don't know how much your ebay turbo kit costs... but a turbo should be +$500 alone. Also... you don't want to cheap out on a bov, wideband, boost controller, AFPR etc. Those kits have no name parts that fail.

For good parts you should be:
500 turbo
200 bov
150 AFPR
200 Boost gauge/controller
200 Wide band
200 intercooler
xxx For larger injectors
xxx For engine management
xxx For professional tuning on a local dyno

You cheap out and your daily driver goes bye bye. This is going to be more important on your ze.
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:If you don't have th money, you don't do it.
If you don't have the technology, don't do it.
If you don't have the down skills or experience/ know how....
If you cannot afford down time with your car......

You are no where near a turbo project. Oh... and I don't know how much your ebay turbo kit costs... but a turbo should be +$500 alone. Also... you don't want to cheap out on a bov, wideband, boost controller, AFPR etc. Those kits have no name parts that fail.

For good parts you should be:
500 turbo
200 bov
150 AFPR
200 Boost gauge/controller
200 Wide band
200 intercooler
xxx For larger injectors
xxx For engine management
xxx For professional tuning on a local dyno

You cheap out and your daily driver goes bye bye. This is going to be more important on your ze.
X2!!
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

thanks guys. umm any sejustions on websites for picking up these parts? and like for a piping kit ebay is ok?
SpatialTerror
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

All my electronics are AEM, I don't expect you to go the same route. This is something you really need to research and price out on your own. If you don't know who makes a good turbo or bov.. you are not ready to get them. I don't like to be as harsh as I am, but it's better than killing your DD.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well i am kinda at a stand still with my research. google sucks when lookin for good brand names. when the search term is turbo.
but i am doing my reasearch. i already know the basics of how a turbo works. and how to hook it up. thanks to about 8hrs. of reading. but now i just need to do part reasearch. and find a place locally with a dyno that can tune my setup. but after this summer i might become sponcered depending on how i do on the 1/4 mile. so hopefully i get some finatual support from that end
SpatialTerror
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

and another thing. lets say i get everything i need to put a turbo in. and buy an ebay turbo kit. and install it. couldnt i just buy a brand name waste gate, turbo, bov, and boost controller and just replace the ebay parts???
SpatialTerror

Return to “Forced Induction”