FAILED! Stories of hope!

Off-Topic Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: FAILED! Stories of hope!

Post by Daninski »

Great story, which hand did you bugger up? Ya I thought my story O woe would draw a tear or two. I forgot to mention I had to get a lawyer for my son the day before he left, something about him, an urge and a mother looking for child support. I gotta right a book. On a positive note my dog came back two days ago and I didn't even know I had one.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Congrats on the new old dog :)
I don't even remember which hand, but, the funny thing is that the hand doesn't work well, with electricity going through it, so it took alot longer to get that wire off. My girl asked what would happen if the spark went somewhere else. I told her, if it went across my chest, I would die. She wasn't happy about that. I told her that at least, I knew how to kill the thing. Alot of people would have pointed toward the softest looking thing around and prayed :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I demand some pics of this bike!
Savin

Post by Savin »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There ya go, its the link to jesse's bike.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

So, I go down to the drags to meet Mooneggs, and have our race, forgetting that I relocated the battery. I didn't put it in a box (fail), so I had to go home (after paying $25 entry fee), to put it back up front. At lightning speed, I switched everything back. I had to undo custom wiring, and stuff. I was just ready to put the CAI back on, and.. It no longer fits! I turned a 90 degree bend into 45 degrees, so it goes right where the battery goes. LAME! -$25, and no race. :(

Here's updated pics of the bike
I had the exhaust pipe bent so it didn't blow smoke up my.... I get enough of that from humans. Also, I replaced the coil wire with NGK. I'm going to try the MSD Blaster SS coil, and an expansion chamber after Burning Man.

This is how I attatched the chainring to the wheel:

I finally got Sarah on it, and we can cruise at about 30 mph.
EDIT: for bad spelling, and to point out the Fetus Piñata Sarah made for a baby shower. It's red now, and hangs by an umbilical cord. I vote me for weirdest mx-3.commer of the year.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I've got a good one, now!

So, I drove about 150 miles down to do my 1st Autocross. My girl and I stayed with an old friend, so we brought our nice comforter, pillows, etc., and were going to go home after the race. The day before the race, we broke into the Insane Asylum where they filmed "One flew over the Cuckoo's nest", and got some souvenirs, one of which was soap (I like to think it has insane DNA on it).
So, as I'm falling asleep the night before the race, I think "I can't race with all this stuff in my car!" I asked my buddy if I could leave it there. He didn't say "Yes". I thought " There's gotta be somewhere around the track where we can put it.
There wasn't.
It rained.
So, I wrapped everything up in the comforter, and did my race. When I was done I parked the car in the pit area, to see my times. My girl called me, and said she was soaked, and miserable, and all our stuff was not only soaked, but oily. I said "Let's load up, and get out".
The car wouldn't start.
I enlisted some drunken Hobos (Literally) to help push start the car. It ran for a minute, and died. We did it again, and I drove it back to where our stuff was. it turned out that our stuff was near the drain in the middle of the lot, so all the water, oil, dirt, etc.. was flowing onto our stuff. We loaded it up, and the car wouldn't start. I checked connections, and stuff, and figured I killed the alternator, so I had a nice lady jump start the car. It ran long enough to retune my megaSquirt, and it died again. I had her do it agian, and leave it on for a while, so I'd have enough juice to get to a parts store I had asked directions to. I got a couple miles down the freeway when it died again. We were cold, and miserable so I said "Funk it!", and called AAA. The tow guy was pissed off that the dispatcher didn't tell him I had a lowered car AND I covered the front tow hooks with an underbody spoiler.After a while, he lifted the car (puncturing my beautiful plastic election sign spoiler :? ), and put the hooks on the A arms. Once we got on the road, I cheered him up, and he turned out to be a nice guy that had a bad morning.
He actually was glad that we were going 150 miles; he liked driving. I got him lunch, and a tip when we were done. We chatted the whole way, and i learned that I can weigh my car at any weigh station that is closed. I'm even going to try to corner weigh it that way.

Here's the FAILest part;
I had the battery slow charged and drove to the local parts store, and they said my alternator wasn't doing anything. After actually looking at it... I was going to test the alternator with an Ohmeter.. I found that the alternator wire was disconnected. It came loose, and was hanging there.
SO, in conclusion, I had the car towed 150 miles because I had a wire loose that would have taken 42 seconds to put back on.
FAAAIL

The good part is: I have a "AAA Gold plus premium ultra RV included" membership, and get 1 free 200 mile tow a year!
:D
Worth every penny!
The soap eroded a bit, but I think I can still get some crazy germs from it.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

A few days ago I thought I somehow screwed up my subwoofer amp, it's a 4 channel bridged to 2 channel powering 2 10" subs. I bought it from a friend who had it in an mx3 and it seriously pounded, but when I hooked it up to my car the cones just moved alot but made almost no noise. So I started screwing around with the settings on the amp (crossover frequency, gain, turning the crossover on and off) and I discovered that screwing around with 1 channel made the subs make noise, but it sounded terrible, it was really muddy. So I got really confused, because when both subs had the same settings there was next to no sound, but when I changed one even a bit it made sound. I screwed around for about 20 minutes until I figured out what the actual problem was. I accidentally wired 1 sub backwards, making it produce the inverse of the other sub's sound waves, pretty much making them cancel each other out. Good thing I took physics last year in school. :lol:
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

This is not a fail on my behalf, moreso kal-tire. Fall was creeping around so I decided not to risk an october blizzard with my falkens or worse, curbing my discontinued 17's. I had my yoko snow and ice studless tires mounted on my SE OEM wheels, done, drove to the store for a damn large cigar, done, turned the corner to go to tim hortons, done----no wait, wobble wobble, crash!! Bounce Bounce goes my tire... Down the road, not attached to my car. Just bouncing, and all the while all i can hope is that it doesn't hit the curb and ruin the wheel. As I'm laying control arm or something, busted my rotor, studs, wheel bearings, alignment man everything. It left Kal-tire a few days later where they refunded my tow bill, and put damn near a whole new front end on for me, for free. Meh, screw their profits, and their bonuses, they failed! So if you ever need front end work done and you're broke, just talk to the guy, and chat him up so he forgets which wheels he's torqued...... :twisted:
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
4gethonda

Post by 4gethonda »

here is my just sitty a-- story

now im the more shy type of guy, expecially in school, we got a seat change one day and i sat next to this girl, and for some odd reason i started talking to her (i never do this at all) and then i found out the next semester we had another class together

well we became really really good friends, except she drank A LOT and i did not like that what so ever. Then over that summer she completly ditched me didnt call or anything. I was skateboarding home one day and she pulls up next to me and trys to get my attention but i just looked at her and shook my head

well when school actually started we had 1st hour together and we started to talk again, and things became real seriouse so i asked her out, and of course she said yes. Well we had a rocky relationship after about the first year or so of dating but i loved her with all my heart but just made stupid judgements. She ended up getting kicked out of her house and my parents let her stay here for about 6 months or so, then she decided to move back home wich i was depressed about for a couple months. Then recently she texted me after not having such a good day saying that we need a break. Which turned out the relationship being over, i have definatly felt depressed and shitty for over a month now and it just sucks. Doesnt talk to me but yet Texts my mom sister and brother, comes over at times to hang with my sister (who is only in 6th grade) and then the other day tells me its completly over

after 2.5 years of having a perfect life and being with the women i was planning on marrying everythings over and honestly, im sick of highschool rumors still going around about s--- that isnt even happening

but i love this women, and i always will

life is just full of s---!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

This story makes me feel very sad inside :(

I am sorry for the loss, bro.

My roommate is a failure.
In the near-two years we've lived in this apartment, I room with a guy I knew from high school. I have the master bed and bath, and he has the other bed and bath.

I like a clean room. I like a clean apartment. Two years, and this guy has never cleaned the living room once.
You don't even have to vacuum, Roomba does it for you. He's this guy who's studying computer programming, super nerd, ect. His excuse? "I don't know how to use the roomba."

Oh right, because it's too hard to go push the huge "CLEAN" button on the roomba and go do something else.

His bathroom has been cleaned ONCE in two years...

... by me.

OK, so this guy is a definite failure. He doesn't own anything. I own all the kitchenware, couches, coffee table, end table, etege, table, lamps... EVERYTHING in the kitchen and the living room.

The only thing he owns is... a glass portable desk (that I gave him)
bed frame and mattress (That I found cheap for him)
a laptop
bunch of video games
a TV (that someone else gave him)
and a desktop computer (that someone left at the apartment)

You walk into this guy's bathroom. Come, take a tour with me:

Walk in the bathroom. Stench. look left, and there's the counter. It's got a razor, shaving cream, a toothbrush setting on the counter... and his dirty whitey tighteys setting on top of the toothbrush. Fantastic. Then his towel on top of that, and pajamas.
Look right, the linen closet. Open it up. Dirty clothes strewn all over the closet, with a toilet brush setting in the middle of them. Fantastic spot. Take a few steps.
Look at the tub to the right. There's orange bacteria growing EVERYWHERE. Up the tile grout, up the tub. Disgusting. No shower curtain or lining. He only takes baths.

To the left there's a little plastic trash can... overflowing with used toilet paper rolls. trash on the floor.
next to the trash can is the toilet. The... toilet. Open the lid, yellow. Flush.

The yellow river disappears, however, the toilet bowl is caked with a yellow film from the rim of water down.
No bath rugs.

So I clean it. I get my Clorox, my Comet, my everything else and go to town on this bathroom. I stick one of those holy-crap-if-you-use-this-tablet-of-toilet-bowl-cleaner-you're-bound-to-get-five-different-types-of-cancer bleach toilet bowl tablets and stick it in the tank, because the comet and minutes of scrubbing won't remove the yellow residue in the bowl.
I hang a nice shower curtain and liner.
Place a bath rug in.
A nice mesh stainlees steel trash can.
Clean up everywhere. Pine Sol, disinfect, disinfect!
The place sparkles!! SUCCESS!

So fast forward a few months, I "Inspect" the forbidden zone.
The orange bacteria is back. This time, growing rapidly up the shower liner.
Whitey tighteys back on top of his toothbrush.
bath rug looks matted and disgustingly damp
trash overflowing once again, this time it's OVERFLOWING.
dirty clothes strewn all over the closet
a Huckabee campaign sign in the closet (someone took a Ron Paul sign off, so he got pissed and removed a random Huckabee sign. What??!)
The toilet has again, yellow caked residue to the water rim
Then orange bacteria growing above the water rim
then a line of actual MOLD growing above the bacteria
And q-tips IN the toilet bowl.

This guy fails. FAILS, fail fail fail fail fail.

I move out the end of may. No more roommates. Unless it's my beautiful girlfriend.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

This is my third MX, my baby, and I'm not a noob at making intakes for these K8's. However, this fail is a noob move big time! I make this damn thing out of 3" mandrel bent 45 deg j-bend, clean it all up, prime it and paint it. Let it dry out in the sun for the afternoon and re-install right? Nope, not so lucky. I tighten it up and put my other VAF on it, you know, the clean one you have in your closet in a bag. So I bolt it up and as I'm on the highway driving to Sylvan Lake where my mom just built a house so I can show her boyfriend the mechanic that I'm not an idiot and can do things myself without anybodys help and yada yada yada so on and so forth. Hit the halfway mark. Sputter, whine a bit, REVVVVVV, done..... Call my mom, can you get mike to come look at this? RR280, k, he's on his way. He finally gets there. Hood is open, and he calls me an idiot, novice, artard, and laughs at me. The intake came off of the throttle body. The one damn clamp I didn't......well, clamp. So I fail. My teachers always said I'd amount to nothing...... FAIL.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

SuperK wrote: No shower curtain or lining. He only takes baths.
is it just me or is that extremely awkward... I haven't taken a bath in years only showers... :shrug:

once again I thoroughly enjoyed your story lol even though it was like failure pie in a sadness bowl :x
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

So this isn't a fail by ME, necessarily, but more by a mechanic who just got finished working on my dad's Ford.

He finished putting on a part for my dad's truck and my dad asked if he worked on Mazda's. He said yeah, I do. Me, complete noob, asked him to point out the IAC valve for me because I had no idea where it was (all the clean the IAC valve posts don't SHOW IT ON THE MOTOR). I pull my car in the driveway, pop the hood, and he looks inside and points out the IAC valve almost immediately. I recognized it cause the pictures people DO show show it off the motor already. My dad then asks what the bar going across from the left to right strut is. I tell him it's a strut bar, I got it in the mail two weeks ago yadda yadda.

He (my dad) asks what its purpose is. The mechanic says that it's for performance motors that rev high and the bar prevents the motor from hitting the hood. It's for extreme tuners.

I...was at a loss for words. I'm just standing there looking at my bone stock B6 16-valve SOHC engine like...wut? I sure am a tuner with my...stock engine. I just said "it...also keeps the struts even", to which he nods.

I did not, though, add that it provides extra stiffness between the strut towers because I didn't want to correct the man who was supposed to be knowledgeable about cars. Moreso than me. Or so I thought.

On a positive note he did also point out that my engine mount is cracked, which I did not know. Obviously he knows something, just not much about car add-ons.
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I just burned both sides of a grilled cheese sandwitch. how weak is that?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I cracked one of the lenses of the only LHD set of mx-3 glass headlamps (that I know of) in North America :crying:

Return to “Off-Topic”