Florida Mazda MX3/MX6/Probe meet in West Palm 8/13

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Less than a month away till the meet. Make sure to get those days off work and start getting the caravans organized.

Can't to see everybody there.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Many thanks to Crimson_Red from Probetalk for the contribution. He even included the paypal fee.

Pretty much all the contributions from here on out will go to buy door prizes to give away. WOOHOO. Can't wait for the meet.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I just can't wait to ge my car back from paint. I'm just glad I got it in before the meet. Had to put a hold on some other projects, but oh well...prorities...

I can't wait for the meet either. I think it will be a great time...nice to see some other MX's in person rather than on car domain... :)
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

We are having a little pre-meet get together on the July 30th weekend in Pembroke Pines. It's kind of a "get organized" for the Big August meet in west palm type of thing.

Anyone is welcome who wants to come out. We will have the BBQ by the lake goin' strong. It would be great to meet some of the MX-3.com crew before the meet. I've been getting this thing organized, but never met anyone in person. :roll:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701165565
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Updated the top post with the following info:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE - July 23
Megasquirt giveaway - Shaodome has made quite an offer from his new Power Squirt Industries venture. If we can get an additional $150 in donations he will donate a fully assembled Megasquirt for the meet. We will give it away raffle style. All contributors (including the ones already received) will get 1 ticket in the drawing per $5 donated. Thanks JORDAN!!!! Who will be the next squirter on MX-3.com?????
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Hey all,

I was wondering how many of you are going to Moroso the Friday night before the meet? I was thinking of going- as a spectator.

I haven't been to Moroso in years, so I think it'd be fun, but would like to see some MX-3's there. 8)
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I think we'll have about ten cars running and then about the same just to spectate. Most everyone coming to the meet is also hitting the track meet at Moroso.
barbarino69

Ill go.....

Post by barbarino69 »

Sup guys.....I definately want to go, but my car is in bad shape. During one of our bad rainstorms, I had to hit the brakes on the highway and slid into the rear end of the car in front of me. I was only doing 20 MPH so the damage wasnt bad, Front bumper is cracked, alignment off, and my hood is slightly buckled. So, when I show up in the black mx-3 with a dent in the passenger fender, buckled hood, dont think im trying to show it off, I just wanna meet some mxers from florida. Im a firm believer of its not what you know, its WHO you know.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Hey barbarino, I'm going to the meet for the same reason as you, to meet some other MX-ers. My car isn't exactly anything to show off either, so don't feel bad. You and I can hang together and talk about all the stuff we want to do to our cars, and talk about how freakin' nice our cars will be in the future. Haha.

But yeah, sucks about your accident. I also had something bad happen. A week ago on the highway my car overheated, had a cracked hose. Now it just isn't running the same. But I know it could have been way worse.

Anyway, I think I may have seen you on the highway a week ago. Not totally sure, but if your car looks the same as in your cardomain page, then I think it was you.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I just wanna get my car back from paint. A week ago I went to pick it up and I saw a few ripples...nothing major, but I will be paying a lot for the paint job, so I want it to be as near perfect as possible. They are still working on it...I just can't wait to get her back...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

tw1st3d_cl0wn wrote:But yeah, sucks about your accident. I also had something bad happen. A week ago on the highway my car overheated, had a cracked hose. Now it just isn't running the same. But I know it could have been way worse.
Good thing about the meet is you will be there with a whole bunch of car geniuses. You'll get some good tips on maintenance tricks to get the car running better, quicker, & cheaper.
mazdalove

Excited to meet other Florida Mazda owners....

Post by mazdalove »

I have been reading through this site for a few months since I got my new little old mx-3 looking for a Miami, FL group and it seems that I found it just in time for next week's event.

I am just starting to fix up my car a little at a time but excited to see the cars that have had a lot of work done and it will help me dream about the way my car will look like one day... :D
White 1992 MX-3 in need of some TLC...
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Well sorry to say, but I don't think any MOCA members will make it down. I recently put a J-Spec MX-6 LSD in my car and found that I will need a custom drivers axle to make it work, so I'm down for a few weeks at least.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I posted the "Schedule of Events" in a new thread since this one was so big.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 539#293539
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

ok i live in in St. Petersburg Mapquest says I'm just a lil under 4 hours away. I' m just trying to weigh out the 8 hrs total or so of driving Vs. the time i stay at the meet. It would be cool to meet people since i just moved down form NY like 2 monthes ago. hmmm

Return to “MX-3 Meets”