Which one is faster?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: Which one is faster?

Post by Franko »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
No matter what anyone says, the klze has more potential than the bpt. First of all, there are bpt guys that put down more hp than me but their et's aren't as quick because their off boost power is pooo. The only thing holding back klze's is aftermarket support. Think about it. We have more displacement, more cylinders, but we just have less support. If someone had the cash to install custom rods, 8.5:1 pistons, sleeves, mike seli cams, double spring valves, port and polish, possibly bore and stroker kit, I believe the klze could be built up close to some supra engines. Also, our engines would have more off boost power than a four cylinder bpt. Lastly, our trannies, in stock form, would hold up way better than the four cylinder tranny.
Conclusion: Stock gtx bpt(180 hp) vs stock klze(197 hp), klze wins. For the money, the BPT has more potential to be built up. If time and money weren't an issue, klze all the way baby.
Just so you know the BPT's turbo starts spooling at 2500. I dont think that there is going to be much racing below that rpm in any car.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”