FAILED! Stories of hope!

Off-Topic Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: FAILED! Stories of hope!

Post by SuperK »

WOW, that's like, failure story TBA, it's still not finished yet!

Hope it ends out to be a happy(er) ending for you bro... sucks :(
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Woo! I got another one today!

OK, so I RE-installed my Polk/MoMo sound system. I blew one amp and they gave me a new one, so I threw it in my slow car and reinstalled my little 10 inch sub. My friend was with me today, and he never has driven in my faulty ZE machine.

Currently, the ZE isn't registered with the state, and has no tag. I haven't had it running long enough to get it emissions tested and registered, so I leave it in the parking lot and work on it on my spare time.

So I looked at him and said, "It might be broken.... but even a broken ZE is fast!"

I'm just about the last mohican in our apartment complex. It's the only building that's down this huge hill and the parking lot is EMPTY! So he's like, "whatever, sure" and we jump in, and I peel out in the parking lot... WOW, it's... it's actually WORKING RIGHT??!!!?!"

So he's like, "go up the hill!"

No harm done, right? it's still in the complex, so I go up the hill, working great!

There are these tiny roads that are out of our complex. Since it's working so well, I decide to take it on the little neighborhood in front of the complex to see how it's running. No harm done, right? So, I pull out, 50 feet from the entrance of the complex, someone is exiting behind us.

3-way stop. If I go straight, takes me to the highway. Go left, it's just a small back road going to nowhere, and a lot of junk 70's looking houses.

There's a pontiac SUV behind me. No one goes left, so I go left....

He turns left with me... I go real slow I'm about 100 yards from the entrance....

Is he... following me? So I don't like it. I find a driveway and put my blinkers on and pull in. He slowly creeps by. Finally out of sight! Weird.

I pull out, and continue slowly on the small roads until... WTF!!!! He's behind me again! And this time... FLASHING LIGHTS!

Now what's the chances that... I decide to take my tagless car out on a test drive and get caught IN THE PARKING LOT. I just failed.

So I'm like, I'm just getting out of the damn car. This guy pops out and is like, "how's it going?"

I'm like, "Actually pretty good. My car is working pretty good today, so I'm happy about that!"

"Your name is...?"

"Kris."

"Oh OK, Kris, we're out on the look for a fugitive here, who's your friend in the car? What's your name?"

"David." He replies bluntly. He's one of those short hondurans that sound like he always has an attitude.

"David... what?"

"David Jones."

"You're serious? That is the most generic name I've ever heard. Tell me, David JONES, do you have your ID on you?"

"No. I don't have anything with me."

"Because that's funny, the fugitive we're looking for looks EXACTLY like you!"

DOUBLE FAIL!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Woah wait,

what happened!?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

So the other I was cleaning up the mx-3 becuase I was going to my aunts house for a get together. I wanted the car to look it's best since no one had seen it yet. While i was cleaning it, I got the urge to figure out what kind of short shifter it has. I removed the shifter knob and there was a washer that the previous owner used to hold the shifting boot up. Holding up the washer was a steel pipe that fit around the short shifter itself. So in a dark moment of ricer mentality I chucked the pipe and used a zip tie to hold the washer up. No harm right? I tossed the pipe out and called it a "weight mod" lol. So I went on my way and finished cleaning my car. On my way to my aunt's house (45- 1 hour) the unexpected happen. Shifting into second, and the shifter drops, as does my heart. So i had to turn around and go back home to find the pipe. We get home and I find the pipe but have no way of holding the rod up and slipping the pipe over it at the same time. I am nicely dressed so crawling underneath the car is out of the question. after 15 minutes i finalyy get it fixed and manage to make it to the get together, embarassed and ashamed at my stupidity.

And the real kicker, The shifters name was on the shifter knob. OBX by the way.

And that my friend, is my story of failure.

:lol:
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
PushnFords

Post by PushnFords »

A guy I knew ALWAYS tried to hit every can he saw on the side of the road with his truck...and he always drove pretty new trucks that he kept detailed. One day he hit a full can of spray paint and it misted the entire side of his ride!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

my driver's master power window switch failed so now I am using a 323 control...

sigh - international project failure - :?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I rewired my entire stereo system, pulled the entire centre console out, soldered every connection sanded my old rusy amp connections, re-ran wires. Tentatively reconnected my battery. No spark noise, good. Turn key to Acc, still no spark, good. Start up the deck, it plays, cd and radio. Awesome. No burnt plastic smell. Disconnect battery for good measure, put EVERYTHING back together. Start 'er up. NOTHING. Deck looks like it plays, but not even a peep from any speaks. No crackle, nothing. S---. Pull it ALL apart again. Drivers underside cover, everything down to glove box, entire centre console down to the aluminum, fish my deck out of the stupid metal cage that attempts to keep if from being stolen... Check and wiggle each connection. Everything is right. Turn it on to troubleshoot live, and... it works? Gently put it all back together.

Never found out what went wrong... but I wasted a good 2 hours...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I had a mini failure trying to use a gas station window cleaner on the back window... it just doesn't work on the curves and I ended up slopping dirt all over the back of the car :?
xxwhiteboyjim22xx

Post by xxwhiteboyjim22xx »

SuperK you ended your story but never told us the ending. You left me in suspense. lol tell the rest!! pleaseeeeeee.
Savin

Post by Savin »

I got a new story. I was doing an oil change on my car after replacing head gasket and such. Since my brother had the good jack at his house, i was resorted to use the gay jack that came with the car. I put it on the seem weld where its supposed to go. I get the car high enough to get a jack stand under. As i'm doing that, I'm hearing a cracking, next thing I know, the jack is in the rocker.......I bet if the jack stand wasn't under the car, I would have had a big problem. Luckily there is only a hole the size on the jack. :lol:

Well that's my story.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

ok so I had a 97 Ford aspire 3 door 5 speed that I got for $500 because the guy said the clutch was bad. I got it home and on the way home I bought a new clutch kit to put it in. I worked on the thing for the whole weekend and got sicker than a dog putting it in, and it does the same exact thing, sounds like clutch slipping on the flywheel, and no power at all! So I figured I had to get my flywheel resurfaced and I needed to pull it all apart again. So I waited two weeks to lose the cold, and got it all apart again, put a new flywheel in it and made sure every thing was super clean and no oil got on any of the surfaces, and torqued everything to factory specs. I get it all done and go to drive it, SAME THINGS HAPPENING! I was so pissed off... I called up a local garage and explained what was wrong and he was like "your muffler is plugged, a slipping clutch rarely makes any kind of noise, your RPMs just jump." I pulled off the muffler and shook out about half of a 5 gallon bucket of crap and it ran great and had normal power!

EPIC FAIL!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

psh, whatever. I bought 2 sets of injectors, 1 fuel rail, 1 fuel filter, 4 sets of plugs, 1 set of wires, 1 tps, 1 ignition module, 2 disty caps, 1 disty rotor, 1 ECU and 1 coolant sensor to fix my hesitation problem...

turned out it was just a faulty VAF.

IMMORTAL FAILURE!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

epic failure 1: so im driving around after i get my car back from the shop and decide to meet up with a friend of mine at the mall. As i sit in the parking lot waiting for him i decide that i want to turn the car off and just listen to some music, cheaper for me and better for the environment :). So i turn the car off and couldn't tell if it were on or not (this is when it was bone stalk). I get out of the car with the keys still in the ignition and the door closes. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem, but it has a remote starter and alarm system thing and the car will remain running for up to two minutes after its been turned off until you get out and close the door. Well me being the idiot i am forgot about this and had to sit waiting for my friend to get there to take me and get a spare key, radio still going and keys still in the ignition...

epic failure 2: I just got my car back from the shop again, i think this is a noticeable pattern being shown... anyway they were just wiring up some things on the ZE and they told me that they clutch isn't really working they think it's the master cylider thats going. Alright thats fine, i have my friend with me and we go to him place. When we leave i'm sitting at a stop sign and can't get in gear... the clutch peddle isn't doing anything, at this point im perplexed, we push my car back to his place to examine it.
It turned out that nothing was broken or breaking, there was just no clutch fluid i didn't top it up after the swap and forgot about it. It just needed to get bled...
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Right now I feel kinda low. Son's left home, daughters moving away with her mom, wife left me 6 months ago, cat up chucked a hairball on my head phones and the tree in the backyard just broke and fell across the new swings I bought for my younger daughter. On a redeeming note my ZE install is running great and the front struts are ready for reinstall.
Last edited by Daninski on July 17th, 2008, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

OMG, Daninski... Country music started playing in my head with that. Sorry to read it.

Here's a little failure for me:
Yesterday, I put an 80cc motor on my bicycle. It took alot of working out bugs. They way to start it is ing the clutch. I got it running, and the throttle was way too tight, so it was screaming. This is 6.5 HP, which is ALOT for a bicycle (Mopeds aren't this strong). So I'm flying down the road, and I didn't want to pull the clutch, in case it over-revved, and siezes, so I reach behind me, to pull the plug wire, to kill it, since I just realised that my kill switch ground wire isn't grounded. I'm going maybe 35, on a squirrely tandem, on a bumpy, narrow road, turned around grabbing at the wire. Now, 35 doesn't sound that fast, but think about this: The fastest most bikes have ever gone is around 35, going downhill, pedalling as fast as possible, in top gear. When I finally got it, it didn't come off all the way. So now I'm flying down the road etc.., with thousands of volts burning through my hand, and it's still going strong. I grabbed it hard, and ripped it out, including the coil, and wiring, and it fianally stopped.
There were other dangerous issues that I worked out, and now I'll find another another way to hurt myself.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Off-Topic”