50 dollar paint job, any one interested?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: 50 dollar paint job, any one interested?

Post by fowljesse »

Good job, Mazdamx3freak. It will be great when you finish coats, and wet sand. I'm going to paint mine with Interlux Brightside black when the rain stops, and Mooneggs is going to help.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

bfamiluyi wrote:how long did it take to have it paint?
well preping took like a week b/c there where tonz of marble size dents in it . And you really want to get it down to the factory primer and the good thing about this paint is it will stick to about anthing and no need prime it. But it is recommended for quality. Now using rollers takes a while and is no somthing you can rush figure like 1 coat per day b/c it takes that long to apply everything and let it fully dry. I wiped the whole car down with mineral spirits let it dry then mixed the paint 50/50 MS/paint. Then applyed it to car let it completely dry, then wetsand it with 800 grit in between coats. so all in all you compensating time for money which i like considering i only spent like $80 so far total!
bubba199

Post by bubba199 »

[quote="Mooneggs"]lol I guess it's my turn to post here :D

my primer jobs are usually around $50 including all supplies. I am thinking this time around I am going to use flat black instead of primer. It looks like it will not fade as quickly and repel moisture better... I'm just wondering if I should through one coat of clear on it or if that will make it look too shiny?

it depends on what kind of clear you use.... you can get flat clear or gloss clear... and if you put gloss clear on it, and spray out of a gun it will come out like gloss black...... i used to have a VR6 Golf that i srayed pimer on then sprayed clear overtop (just kuz i like the color of primer) and i came out sweet as s---, kuz it was glossy... you could get away with a cheap paintjob by spraypainting the car with a color you like, then buying some actual clearcoat, and going over the sraypaint iwth it... kuz it dont really matter whats beneath the clear... it will come out like real paint...

Return to “Appearance”