Florida Mazda MX3/MX6/Probe meet in West Palm 8/13

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Not sure from MX-3.com. Looks like about 4 or 5 people have decided to go so far. I'll do a little roll call first of August so I know how much food etc to buy.

I hope to get as many MX-3s as possible. The minority at the meet will probably be the MX6s. I've gotten the best response from Probetalk.com and MX-3.com. We started planning this meet at the last big probe meet in May at Cape Canaveral.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Lately, around where I live I've been seeing so many MX-3's on the road!! As far as I know none of them are on this board, because I would look over and I don't even think most of them realized I also drove an MX-3. Frustrating, cause it'd be cool if all those people were interested enough to be here and go to the meet!

Personally, I'm really looking forward to it.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Hmmmmmmm, Florida in August...Hmmmmmmm, I do have some vacation time that I have to use up, Hmmmmmmm, They said the best time to take my vacation would be in August, Hmmmmmmm, I haven't made any definite plans as of yet, Hmmmmmmm, the ZE is more than up to the task of a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!. Gonna need some accomodations. Who would be a good point of contact for this meet? I told myself that I would try to do at least one meet in the States this summer. Maybe this should be it. Tell me all the things that would make my 2 day drive there and 2 day drive back worthwhile, save for the fact of Disney World, Epcot, Universal....did all of those last August with my daughter. I mean for me...whats going to make a trip like this really worthwhile for me. Here's your chance to brag all about the Sunshine State...let me have it...LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

There's is plenty do between Central & South Florida. I lived in Orlando for most of my life and live in SFL now. What are you interested in doing?

For accomodations there is a Holiday Inn in West Palm right next to turnpike that my buddy works at. He might be able to get some discounted rooms. I think it's a first come first serve on the rooms. I know he can only get a couple.

Hit me up on AIM (ID: hppwdn) if you need any info for the trip.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

hppwdn wrote:There's is plenty do between Central & South Florida. I lived in Orlando for most of my life and live in SFL now. What are you interested in doing?
For accomodations there is a Holiday Inn in West Palm right next to turnpike that my buddy works at. He might be able to get some discounted rooms. I think it's a first come first serve on the rooms. I know he can only get a couple.
Hit me up on AIM (ID: hppwdn) if you need any info for the trip.
Hey, hppwdn (what a handle - what's it stand for?) thanks for the quick response. Ya, after reading your post it got me thinking of a super road trip. I've done the drive to Florida numerous times before, mostly for Bike Week in Daytona and I prefer the eastern route down rather than I75. I've never been any further south than Tampa in the past so this would be new for me. My other alternative would be in attending a meet somewhere in the New England vicinity which is also a very fun drive to do.
So what does the this meet in West Palm entail (is there a link to this event on another board?)? Have you attended this before? What sort of numbers do you usually get between MX3's, MX6's, Probe's, Protege's etc? Is there info on past meets there? I'll stop with the questions until you catch up and go from there. BTW, don't have AIM.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

So what does the this meet in West Palm entail (is there a link to this event on another board?)?
The meet is on Sat. 8/13 and will be an all day BBQ/hangout at Okeeheelee park. Okeeheelee has just about everything a big park can offer.
http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/park.../okeeheelee.htm
The night before everyone is planning on going to Moroso for a track meet. That seems to be taking shape nicely. Probably be more MX3/Probes/MX6s at the track than I've ever seen.

Here are some links to other msg brds with posts.
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701157486
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701157487
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130300
Have you attended this before? Is there info on past meets there?
This is the second in what looks to be a chain of statewide meets we are having in various places. I'm planning this one and arranging everything. The pavillion I got for the meet is really nice. It even has it's own bathrooms and a playground for kids. The last meet we did like this in Cape Canaveral turned out really well. We were trying to get Okeeheelee sooner, but it books up 3 months in advance.
What sort of numbers do you usually get between MX3's, MX6's, Probe's, Protege's etc?
There's room for probably 40 or so cars if not more right around the pavillion. As of now I'm only expecting 15-25. As the date draws near I'll know better.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

jschrauwen:

You know you want to make the trip down, I don't think you need much convincing!! :P
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I orignally started planning this meet on probetalk but the mx-3.com thread has more views and replies than any other board.

It's great to see so much support from the MX-3s. They made like 20 times more probe/mx6s than MX-3s, but we might see the MX-3s outnumber everyone. Wouldn't that be cool. :P
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

That's awesome. I'd be content with seeing only 1 other MX there. I haven't seen any MX-3's that are customized or even nice looking around here. But that turnout sounds great! I think that will be loads of fun. I'll be there!
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

I'll be one of those people there with an un-awesome MX-3. I know, all MX-3's are awesome, but mine's all stock. Only thing I'm doing to it before the meet is tinting my windows. It's freaking hot outside this summer, and I need some tint!! :wink:

By the way, I hope none of you guys are being severely affected by this hurricane Dennis....was a close one.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Got a lot of rain here in Tampa...sux because I don't have a good garage to work in...car's in paint anyway, but you know...rain is just depressing when you wanna work outside on the MX...
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'm still going to try and make it and maybe drag a few of the MOCA guys with me. However, I have a few things to plan around and don't know if I can take that much time from work. The wife has planned a cruise in Sept, Petite Le Mans (which is a MOCA ritual is in mid Sept. (PS, that is here in GA if anyone is interested in watching 12 hours a day for 4 days of racing, Renisis powered F-1s, ALMS cars (all classes) and some others.) And 3 of the MOCA crew are entered in a race in Savannah in early Sept. (busy Sept for me) Anyway, I'll see what magic I can work. Maybe I'll just have to drive down for the weekend.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

You are more than welcome to come. If you can make it down the Friday night before the track meet at Moroso is taking shape nicely. Plus I need another ZE MX3 to run against.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

what time did you say the track meet was? I have the stock 4-banger, so I won't be running, but I'd like to come and watch some other MX's in action...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Gates open at 6PM. So if we all get there between 5:30 & 6PM we should be able to get pretty close to each other in the staging lanes. I know a lot of people are arranging their trip around getting there for the track meet Friday.

Here's the address of the track. Cost to race is $15. I think cost to watch is also $15 (might be $10)

MOROSO MOTORSPORTS PARK
17047 Beeline Hwy.
Jupiter, FL 33478

Return to “MX-3 Meets”