How much is your mx worth?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Neil

Re: How much is your mx worth?

Post by Neil »

I think the only reason id sell my MX-3 would be to buy an OBD1 mx-3 so I could put a ZE in it.. Other than that reason I would never part out my MX-3 for any other reason. I love the way the MX-3 looks and its curves. I've gotten so many compliments this last past couple weeks when getting gas. Even had another girl I know tell me she was looking for one but couldn’t find one that wasn’t already sold and awaiting payment. Money is nice and can make life easier but having a car that makes you happy every time you look at it and drive it is worth more than money in the end. I’m not saying I don’t like money :p but that my car has more value to me than money I would get from selling it and having to purchase a different car. If that makes sense to anyone lol
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

20,000? You guys are insane. Just about everyones car on this site isn't worth 20, not even 10, including any mods done to it. There are maybe 5 mx3's I can think of that are truly worth over 10,000 and I'm not going to name names.

If someone offered me 7 for my car, i'd take it in a heartbeat. I have about 8 tied up in the car, probably slightly more, but if I could get back that large of a sum of money from my car I'd take it & buy something newer in a heartbeat, even if it is slower.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I guess it depends on the circumstances. If your planning on getting a different car, than ya, if your getting more than book value your doing good.

Now, if your just gonna get another Mx-3, than it'll be a waste of money (depending on how much money you've put into it, and how much you're offered). Cause everything that you'll need to do to get it back the way it was; labor, shipping, brokerages, days off of work to work on the car, gas to get parts, alternate transportation while the car is in the shop, even personal time, all the little things that aren't calculated in the "worth" of the car will come into effect in the "worth" of rebuilding the Mx-3 and will be comming out of your wallet. And i'm sure there's always those things you've done that you NEVER wanna hafta do again, you'll need to do those to.

<small>[ September 06, 2004, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm kinda hard to break it to ya..but over here mx3s sell for no more than 1500. I got mine for 1000 uised of course with over 1000 k miles on it but it has a 6 month warranty and its a new engine..what else can i ask. I have seen a few on the papaer for 1500. One gs better looking thatn mine was 1300.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Ha! for US$20 grand you could get a modded R32 GTR skyline, or a standard R33GTR, or a turbo R34 2WD here in New Zealand, i wouldn't think twice!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Franko, it's understandable that you think you should get more for your car. But think about it from a dealers perspective.

If I were going into a dealership to pick up a car, the chances of me buying a car that had already been modded would be close to nil. Why? Because I know that the car will have been driven hard. Dealers know that people will think like I do too. There's very little chance of a dealer selling a car that is over 10 years old that has been modded for even more than the original list price of the car...
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

I would be worried about buying a new car from the dealership sometimes. I know some guys at the honda dealership who drive the crap out of the new cars.. They arent even broken in yet and they are seriously abusing them. Where I used to work we did some deck installs for honda and occasionally we would bring the cars back to them. One time when I was bringing this 5 speed civic back I said to myself.. "Ok enough is enough, I am gonna let this thing have it". Man I drove that thing like it was stolen.. Hitting the limiter in every gear.. It was fun as hell :p
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”