cars killed

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Damious

Re: cars killed

Post by Damious »

personally, the only reason i would buy an Rx-7 would be for the rotory... sure there not as reliable... but it is a great engine none the less IMO.
-Damian

***if u know of/have a mx-3 GS with a blown engine and live around me... let me know ;) ***
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

a rotoary engine can put out 500 hp just the same and it weighs less and revs longer.

the money you spend on that kind of v8 you can get your rotary engine running rock solid.

v8s are extremely G A Y in a rotary car. Plus dump a v8 in there and you destroy the near 50.50 weight distrib of the cars handling.

again swapping the RX-7 (ROTARY EXPERIMENT) for a v8 is a waste.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

if i had rx7 i wouldnt swap v8 in there thats what muscle cars are for
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

Originally posted by DavidOS:
a rotoary engine can put out 500 hp just the same and it weighs less and revs longer.

--In a first gen? you can get 1st gen cars for like a grand and they weigh like 2200 lbs...they only rev till 7 grand anyways stock and have 100hp....--

the money you spend on that kind of v8 you can get your rotary engine running rock solid.

--I've seen 350 chev's swap hands for a case of beer. extremely cheap. the swap costs a little more than a grand i do beleive--

v8s are extremely G A Y in a rotary car. Plus dump a v8 in there and you destroy the near 50.50 weight distrib of the cars handling.

--The 1st gen's had weighty engines.. putting in a small block chev only adds 50-100 lbs--

again swapping the RX-7 (ROTARY EXPERIMENT) for a v8 is a waste.
that is your opinion.... not many people put them in 2nd gens and Ive never heard of one in a 3rd gen, because its not worth it as much for those, but those old school ones are damn skippy fast
what kind of car IS that?
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

im talking about a new car man not an old bucket the fd series.

the cost to mount a v8 in a rotary car IS EXPENSIVE you have to redo all the mounts and refab a couple of other little things to get it to bolt up.

if you know a mechanic who provides the engine and work to put it all in for a case of beer let me know cause he can convert my car to RWD and stick a 13B in for me or v8 which ever the beer covers best.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

if you know a mechanic who provides the engine and work to put it all in for a case of beer let me know cause he can convert my car to RWD and stick a 13B in for me or v8 which ever the beer covers best.
You said RWD v8 mx-3 :love: :love: :love: .....man i would love that. If I ever become really loaded that is definitely number one on my project lists. There would be nothing like the look on peoples faces when they hear the rumble of a v8 coming from a little 'ole mx-3.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

im talking about a new car man not an old bucket the fd series.

--the guy said who he raced had one in a 1st gen--

the cost to mount a v8 in a rotary car IS EXPENSIVE you have to redo all the mounts and refab a couple of other little things to get it to bolt up.

--there are kits that are bolt in EVERYTHING thats what i said for the extra grand--

--he wont put it together but you get the engine( this one guy did usually its not THAT cheap...no milwaukees best cases... :D ), mechaincs time would be your own, which most likely take less time than tuning/rebuilding a rotary and is 50 times easier because carburated v8's are the simplest thing when it comes to engines and rotary engines are hardly ever worked on or known about, unless you are an enthusiast..(100's of dealerships in WI/MN one rx-7 dealer (rx-7 heaven in minneapolis))

besides, what fun is it to tune your car if its not your handiwork? why not just go buy a corvette?--
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

hello and let me introduce you to my friend torque, something most rotary motors do not have but big V8s have in truck loads
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

any turbo charged rotary car is capable of rediculous amounts of hp and torque just as a v8 is.

fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

rotaries are capable, but they lack low end torque, they must be revved high to get some real torque. american v8's have crazy low end torque.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

any turbo charged rotary car is capable of rediculous amounts of hp and torque just as a v8 is.
This is partially true. First of all, this isnt true for the first generation RX-7. Second, you can have the hp and torque, but a v8 would be redlining by time you even see 200 ft-lbs in the rotary. because of the small displacement the turbocharger has to be the abused bastard and make the rediculous amount of power. unfortunately, this means it has to run high psi, which also means loads of lag.

If you look at a dyno chart of a turbocharged smaller engine the dyno chart looks like a mountain. big horsepower numbers but only for a little bit. the big v8 can give you more of a hilly chart instead, giving you more area under the curve than a rotary engine.

a rotary engine might be fine for drag racing because you can launch it and keep it in the high rev range, but i would recommend a v8 rx7 for any autocross, track etc. Hell, I'd recommend it anyways because its cheaper.
wkdmx3gsr

Post by wkdmx3gsr »

been racing evo's and wrx's and sti's and winning.
they can't handle the light weight of the car and with a 75 shot of nos and little upgrades evo is the only one that stays with me. pulling 12.8 at 108mph. putting 240ft lbs of torque at the wheels with the dry 75 shot flywheel upgrade, ACT 6 puck race clutch, unorthrodox crank pulley, MS8 intake manifold, no ac compressor, and 14inch drag radials on the front, cusco camber plates, intraxx lowering springs, mazdaspeed engine mounts, b&m short shifter
1992 MAZDA MX-3 GSR 2.5LTR V-6
2005 SUBARU STI
2004 NISSAN ARMADA
http://www.cardomain.com/id/wkdmx3gsr
http://www.netuners.com
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

if i had a crap load of money i would get a pink 1990 mazda miata and put a 5.0 in it with many mods and just rip everyone around

it would vbe soo funny
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

Originally posted by wkdmx3gsr:
been racing evo's and wrx's and sti's and winning.
they can't handle the light weight of the car and with a 75 shot of nos and little upgrades evo is the only one that stays with me. pulling 12.8 at 108mph. putting 240ft lbs of torque at the wheels with the dry 75 shot flywheel upgrade, ACT 6 puck race clutch, unorthrodox crank pulley, MS8 intake manifold, no ac compressor, and 14inch drag radials on the front, cusco camber plates, intraxx lowering springs, mazdaspeed engine mounts, b&m short shifter
good lord thats fast :eek:
92 Autozam AZ3
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

For real! He didn't specify, but I'm assuming he's got at least a DE under the hood... No way you can do that in the 1.8.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”