cars killed

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
dPmunky

cars killed

Post by dPmunky »

i was curious of the cars that you guys race against...it seems like i've been racing an awful lot of honda crx's & civics...a lot of cavaliers too...i know that the mx-3 cant hang w/some other cars w/o serious upgrades, but i wanna know

what kind of cars do you find yourself going up against...and do you beat them or no?

i swear the last 3 times i've went to the track i've raced crx's and won, only to be killed later in the bracket.....
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Nd4SpdSe

Re: cars killed

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I've fairely beat an Acura RSX and a late 80' BMW 325 (170hp he said), i also beat a mustang 5.0 but he started to slow down near the end of the track, im going again friday to see how much better i'll run with a missing exaust :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Hrmmm that is tought cause everyone has a diffrent level there car is tuned too..

But i have eaten a few v6 mustangs a v8 one that couldnt drive a specv nissan god the list in long.. =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

i was just bought to bring this up! well i drive a gs.. everything in the engine stock, 140K miles, and so far stock civics (92-95) are lost after 60 or so. a 2000 nissan sentra se was a little better, but no luck for him. LOL and i was even able to keep up with a souped integ gsr (amazingly). also 2001 civics are just about matched in acceleration with my car. but depends on the engine i spose. the K8 is fun, but it would be much more fun with a ZE. muahahaha
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

hmmm keep up with a "suped up GSR" :confused2: , i dont think so, if it was a real GSR then it would kill you stock, unless the driver was missing limbs or something, mainly the right arm to shift with.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

GSR's are pretty quick. My cousin has one, with full exhaust, intake, fpr, and lightened flywheel, suspension. Last time we were at the track he ran 14.82. Those cars have like 8200rpm redline, so there is no way a stock k8 can keep up with them. We are barely even, and I have a 2.5 with bunch of things done.

Oh, and for the cars I can beat:
2000 Maxima SE 222hp one, I can beat it any day.
2002 Maxima SE 255hp, dead even, if I could only have better tires, I would kill them off the line.
2003 Civic SI, they are SLOW
2000 Jetta VR6 - left behind any day
2000 Jetta 1.8t 5spd - pretty slow when stock
BMW 325xi is slow too
the list goes on

<small>[ September 26, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Vlad ]</small>
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

94+ integras
new celica gt
civics

this is with a bp
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

my bro has a 97 gsr and i beat him through the first 3 gears in my 94 gs. after 3rd is when he pulled away. ive also beaten a 97 mirage, alot of civics, couple jettas, a paseo or 2, 3 cavaliers, and a few others. i cant wait till i sawp the 2.5 in though. should be sometime this fall or winter to get it out and aready for next year.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

last week i beat

Nissan Sentra SE
Pontiac Firebird
And a Honda Civic Hatch with some 2.2l H-series engine from a j-spec prelude on 110 octane
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

is it just me or are 94-ish V8 stangs slow as hell? or maybe the drivers cant drive, thats what im betting on, both times ive run at the track ive lined up with one on each race, first one ran 16.0, the other 16.8 :confused2: so people really need to learn how to drive ,considering theyre a mid-14 car!
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i have taken pretty much any civic you can think of, a MX-3 RS that was thinking his riced out MX was da shizzy and a few riced Eclipse GSs that laughed at my V6 emblum till i left them sitting
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

LOL i raced my friend's 2000 civic, which he fixed up the engine a bit (cams, flywheel, etc) and suspension tuned. sad that we were about even and my car is stock (gs though). thats funny how people are like "a 1.8L v6?" and then think about it for a while.. and then "wow! thats small!" and cant believe it. haha

nother thing, i'm happy to hear Nd4SpdSe beat a h22 honda hatchback with a ZE!! because that is one of the best engines u can stick in a honda. lol race on mx'ers!

~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

well one of my friends had a yellow viper so i toldhiom i wanted to see how mine would do against his. so we raced and i lost of course but it was still fun. lmao

but i beat a crx later that night. and a blue cavalier.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by Sam Baker:
LOL i raced my friend's 2000 civic, which he fixed up the engine a bit (cams, flywheel, etc) and suspension tuned. sad that we were about even and my car is stock (gs though). thats funny how people are like "a 1.8L v6?" and then think about it for a while.. and then "wow! thats small!" and cant believe it. haha

nother thing, i'm happy to hear Nd4SpdSe beat a h22 honda hatchback with a ZE!! because that is one of the best engines u can stick in a honda. lol race on mx'ers!

~ sam
h22's are heavy.. i have a friend with a GSR motor in his hatchback and he runs in the 13's.. Granted this motor is tuned a bit too =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Originally posted by torpedan:
Originally posted by Sam Baker:

~ sam
h22's are heavy.. i have a friend with a GSR motor in his hatchback and he runs in the 13's.. Granted this motor is tuned a bit too =]
there only an extra 40lbs, everyone always makes a big deal about it
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”