V6 MX3 Solid Urethane Motor Mounts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
nolanspawn

Re: V6 MX3 Solid Urethane Motor Mounts

Post by nolanspawn »

Originally posted by babyblueMX3:
is it a hard job to do when the engine is in the car..i mean do you have to take the engine out to install em..I'd be in if it not to much trouble to install
God no you dont have to pull the motor...granted that would be the EASIEST time to do it...you can do it with the motor and transmission still in the car. As soon as I have a set of I4 and V6 mounts in my hands fabrication will begin...until then I cant do much other then check for interest. We are waiting on some mounts from a Mx-3 owner.

Josh

<small>[ February 08, 2004, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: nolanspawn ]</small>
1994 Ford Probe 2.0L
AWR R&D
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

well then you can add my name to the list
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
andy

Post by andy »

I will second that, top left is the rear, bottm left is the front. and yes the fronts bushing is centered, that picture is just an illusion.

If you go to that site, you will also see the engine mount member bushings. anyone replacing the two motor mounts should replace these also.
There is a very good chance that they are garbage by the time you get them out. I will be ordering these also if you don't include these in a kit.

Thanks
Andy P. 93 GS
bubba_03

Post by bubba_03 »

Put my name on the list for sure but how long do you estimate it will take for the developement of these bad boys? Thanks.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

add me to the list
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I think that the turbocharged Kl engine I´m working with would need them! Count on me too!!!!
European Mx3 GsRT
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Could someone enlighten me on how you could install these with the engine still in the car? Im a little skeptical.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by killerpickle:
Could someone enlighten me on how you could install these with the engine still in the car? Im a little skeptical.
Put a jack under the car to keep the engine mobilized? I hope that's what 'cha do, because that's how I was planning to do my 626's when the weather gets better.
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

use a block of wood on the jack so you don't do damage to your oilpan, then support the motor with the jack and change them. Safest way aside from suspending the motor with chains and a cherry picker.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
nolanspawn

Post by nolanspawn »

Do you guys not 2 motor mounts and 2 transmission mounts? The ones I am selling are technically "transmission mounts: (front and rear). The other two are motor mounts which actually suspension the motor inside the engine bay. If you leave those two in you will be fine.

Josh
1994 Ford Probe 2.0L
AWR R&D
andy

Post by andy »

yes, You are correct. The 1.8L v6 has 4 mounts total. leave the two upper mounts in while replacing the two lower mounts. It helps to have a floor jack under the motor but more for helping you to get the old/new motor mounts out/in.

Andy P. 93 GS
GuidoBiRiChiNo

Post by GuidoBiRiChiNo »

I am in!
-italian lonely MX'er-
bubba_03

Post by bubba_03 »

So whats the word when can we expect these things? Can you at least give a rough estimate? :shrug:
13flat

Post by 13flat »

yeah...any idea when these bad boy's will be ready???
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund
nolanspawn

Post by nolanspawn »

Sorry I havent updated anyone. **** has been crazy and its been hard to get on the ball with a few projects.

First person to send me a set of V6 MTX Tranny mounts will get a set of solid mounts (wholesale cost) once they are made. Thats the only offer I can extend becuase I dont produce them myself I just work with a company on the designs and they make them.

Josh

<small>[ April 06, 2004, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: nolanspawn ]</small>
1994 Ford Probe 2.0L
AWR R&D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”