"corksport" ripoff

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ClubDejaVu

Re: "corksport" ripoff

Post by ClubDejaVu »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Esper:<BR><STRONG>those engines come from japan, dude. they're not your average chevy small block that even Pep boys sells. and i'd like to find an ECU for less than $300 from any dealership, for any car.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>All I have to Add is very very True! I bought my KL_ZE 92/5beta and I spent a good penny and ECU LOL where are you from??? :p
(Parting out my red 1992 GS.) DONE<P>Now the fun starts all over again. I can't wait to show you guys my MX-3. I have working on it for 8 month now and not a person knows. But you guys. I should be done within 3 month from now (dec30,2001) Hey It's my B-Day. Want a hint...find my car in topic "Dream Set-up"<P>James (president)<BR>Club DejaVu
furiousclouds

Post by furiousclouds »

sonic, not meaning to argue, but i called both the yard and i personally visited and talked to the owner of corksport. i made nothing up, you are correct in the manifold situation for the mx3 however if you want to overlook my other points so be it. as for proof of this, i talked with them personally, as did most of the guys who live within the northwest. especially since im within 20 minutes of olympia and cant get a 2.5L us spec because they are reserved for shipment to corksport in portland.... where he sells ze cams and heads... and hmmm, jap engines. this will be my last post on this topic but if you are not from the area then you wouldnt know. i do appreciate the further assistance on the manifold, for that was why i went to them in the first place. i already had my 2.5
93 Mazda MaXimum INTEGRAl<BR>submission to Allah's will above all. speed speed speed for the rest
jansonm

Post by jansonm »

Business is business! If you don't like price buy it elsewhere!!! :roll:
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Sonic has direct relation to corksport I believe.. thats all I'm going to say.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Are Sonic and Ben the same person?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Ask him.. Im not gonna say what I dont know to be 100% true.
furiousclouds

Post by furiousclouds »

then that would explain his bias. for if he read my original post... i didnt fault the store for their practice, its just some people were under the impression that it was all from japan, not knowing about the wrecking yard in olympia, or jeff at mazda toyota recycling in portland....( yes i know about that one too) i said that derek should get better customer service due to the fact that ben and i had a slight disagreement in the store which he took to screaming at me for. not a good business practice. I actually still use them for certain things, yet i only deal with derek for he isnt as ... whats a good word, unprofessional. that said, derek, sorry again about your birthday i really didnt mean to spoil it arguing with ben<P>later folks
93 Mazda MaXimum INTEGRAl<BR>submission to Allah's will above all. speed speed speed for the rest
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonic:<BR><STRONG>I don't think Mazda ever does a whp rating. 140-44 sounds about right, however.<P>[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Sonic ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The late 80's MX-6 turbos were rated at the wheel, probably for insurance purposes, and the fact that ford didnt want the probe to have as much horsepower as the mustang.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”