"corksport" ripoff

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

"corksport" ripoff

Post by mitmaks »

Hey fellow Mx-3'ers! Anyone buying those engines from corksport? Dont u think its purely a rip-off? $1800 for engine from somekinda wrecked car? plus $300 just for ECU? If i wanna engine like that I could get it for couple hundred bucks,,,just like that.<BR>For that amount of money i can get me Mx-3 itself..
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
VizualXTC

Re: "corksport" ripoff

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG>Hey fellow Mx-3'ers! Anyone buying those engines from corksport? Dont u think its purely a rip-off? $1800 for engine from somekinda wrecked car? plus $300 just for ECU? If i wanna engine like that I could get it for couple hundred bucks,,,just like that.<BR>For that amount of money i can get me Mx-3 itself..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If you can find a KL_ZE for a couple hundred bucks, let me know where. I would love to get one.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Yeah, I hear ya. I just got mine in yesterday and I paid $1,250 + shipping.
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
Esper

Post by Esper »

those engines come from japan, dude. they're not your average chevy small block that even Pep boys sells. and i'd like to find an ECU for less than $300 from any dealership, for any car.
Dude.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Esper:<BR><STRONG>those engines come from japan, dude. they're not your average chevy small block that even Pep boys sells. and i'd like to find an ECU for less than $300 from any dealership, for any car.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>From "japan" huh? cant u read on their site ..."come from wrecked cars, from junkyards"...
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Yes, but the KL-ZE is only produced and installed in cars that are only sold in Japan, Australia, etc... NOT IN THE US! That's what makes them so rare, plus the fact that you get 200 ponies out of them...
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG>Yes, but the KL-ZE is only produced and installed in cars that are only sold in Japan, Australia, etc... NOT IN THE US! That's what makes them so rare, plus the fact that you get 200 ponies out of them...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>KL-ZE produced only in Japan? arent Probes running on those? probes arent japanese
white fish

Post by white fish »

no the probe GT has the 03 not the ZE no probes in Japan
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Yea, the probe's and mx-6's have the 2.5kl-03 motor in them, which u can find easier anywhere in the USA, but the KL-ZE's are Jap-Spec motors with about 40 more HP than the kl-03's.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

The KL_ZE is from Japan. Well, it was made there. They get them in Australlia too. And probably a few other places. There is NO US car that comes with one. The US and Japanese Probes also have the same engine. 164hp KLD or KL_03. The Japanese MX-6, 626(MS-8), and Eunos 800 come with a 197hp engine called the KL_ZE.<P>EVERY KL_ZE if from a wrecked car for the most part, dude. How else do you expect to get a used engine? You think they get stolen or something and then shipped over to the US by the mofia? :) Noooo, they are all from wrecked cars. Just like almost EVERY Japanese engine we get here in the states. Be it Honda, Nissian, or Mazda.<p>[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Sonic ]
~SonicRacing~
skelly

Post by skelly »

Correction: by "wrecked" he means "from a wrecking yard". Not all cars from a wrecking yard are "wrecked" as in having been in some horrible accident. All cars in Japan are retired after so many years of operation, regardless of their condition. This is their way of controlling transportation conditions. As such, there are plenty of perfectly good J-Spec engines just sitting over there in wrecking yard, waiting for some poor American to purchase.
97 PGT MTX Rio Red, Status: Modified<BR>93 PGL ATX Electric Blue, Status: Restoration in progress
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

I can buy a KL-ZE for 1200$ cdn.
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
pelado

Post by pelado »

$1200 cdn is pretty cheap, go for it!<P>I remember a previous post by someone that lived in Japan which said the idea about cars being "retired" automatically is a myth.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

What it is, is they... eh, I forget all of what happens and all the details. But I want to say they have to pass emssions (why don't they use EGR then? :) <P>I'm not exactly sure if it is actully emissions that they have to deal with.<p>[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Sonic ]
~SonicRacing~

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”