thinking klze turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: thinking klze turbo

Post by SpatialTerror »

and on a fmu what ratio should i get. ive herd 10:1 but im not sure
and on the afpr it needs to be a 2port right? like the one from jeggs?
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

yeah if you have all the fuel mod needed you can buy an ebay kit for the piping and change the turbo bov and wastegate for some good quality part

as for which fmu to use im not sure as a never really research these..im gonna use megasquirt for my set up.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

this is a link to the pipeing kit i was thinking of getting.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-INTE ... 563894dd7d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

IF you buy the kit then replace everything, you wated $ on all the crap parts. I would not risk getting my system running on crap parts.. no matter what the duration. Do it once, do it right. Don't use FMUs.

Sources for parts:
BOV:
Greddy, Blitz, HKS, turbo smart and synapse < best bov ever
AFPR:
AEM, Aeromotive(sp), NRG, SARD
Wideband:
AEM, FAST, ..........

If you really need help, check out turbochargers.com

Do you even know what AR or size/specs you need for your turbo selection?
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well no not really. i havnt had time to do a whole lot of research into what kinda setup i would want. so your saying dont go fmu go megasquirt.
i am very new to the whole turbo thing. but i have been doing a s--- ton of research.
thanks for the part sources.
and the link. right now im trying to get as much knowledge and help as i can get before i even make up my mind on what parts and ect i wanna get
SpatialTerror
pattheriault

Post by pattheriault »

that link would be ok for the intercooler part.. you will still need hotpipe / down pipe

http://cgi.ebay.ca/93-97-Probe-2-5L-KLZ ... 836wt_1058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heres the link for the hotpipe on ebay. alot of people are running these.

an good cheap turbo would be a holset HX or HY35 from a dodge cummin.

tial wastegate, RS_OBD'oh_2 give you pretty much every other part youll need i think
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

sweet. i actually saw those about a week ago. and couldnt find them again. thanks for the link. yea ive decided not to go cheap. i wanna save my motor haha
SpatialTerror
mx3sohc

Post by mx3sohc »

You need to get megasquirt, If you use an FMU you wont be driving on that engine very long. With a properly tuned MS on a decent amount of boost your stock bottom end will last you awhile. Your tranny is what will give you trouble first.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well like i said i only wanna run 4psi. untill i can rebuild the motor. and get a new tranny. but on the tranny where could i get one for my car that is built for a turbo. cuz i know its not built for that much power
SpatialTerror
mx3sohc

Post by mx3sohc »

Only option for building a tranny is a set of PAR gears. Even at 4psi, your gonna need more fuel than the stock injectors can provide, therefore you need bigger injectors and a way to tune the fuel. Megasquirt does Fuel and Spark.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so these are the fuel rails i was lookin at.
http://www.xtremethings.com/Products.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
and i found a megasquirt ecu.
but i lost the link. could someone send me one please
SpatialTerror
mx3sohc

Post by mx3sohc »

diyautotune.com
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:If you don't have th money, you don't do it.
If you don't have the technology, don't do it.
If you don't have the down skills or experience/ know how....
If you cannot afford down time with your car......

You are no where near a turbo project. Oh... and I don't know how much your ebay turbo kit costs... but a turbo should be +$500 alone. Also... you don't want to cheap out on a bov, wideband, boost controller, AFPR etc. Those kits have no name parts that fail.

For good parts you should be:
500 turbo
200 bov
150 AFPR
200 Boost gauge/controller
200 Wide band
200 intercooler
xxx For larger injectors
xxx For engine management
xxx For professional tuning on a local dyno

You cheap out and your daily driver goes bye bye. This is going to be more important on your ze.
Don't forget the $$$ required for trips to the nuthouse because this guy had to deal with OBD-2 before I posted the ECU pinout... :mrgreen:
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

lol

I get a weekend pass... if I promise not to mod the padded room.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

You dont necessarily need to replace everything from the kit. The ebay turbos are good, I already got a good workaround and so far they are good. The stock injectors will do for 5 psi. You need any fuel pressure regulator. Wideband is a must. You also need to always be paying attention to everything and have good knowledge of how air fuel ratios work and how you drive the car.

Its not just about boosting the car tho, you need to have a good clutch, suspension and tires. Theres no point in having power and not being able to apply it to the ground.

As far as fmu go, I found a cheap way to rebuild them for almost free, I am current using a blox fmu(which went bad right away if I may add) that I rebuilt myself using household products.

yeah ghetto... but hey its worked for me right?

Also ebay boost controllers are good if you use them as valves to regulate boost and not using the diagram that came with it.

Make sure you change your oil seals, gaskets , everything before you put the car back together. Its a pain to remove the transmission when you have turbo pipes. Oh and the ss autochrome headers fit the ebay turbo pipes so you just need to replace the down pipe. You dont religiously need megasquirt but if you have it, its like night and day.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Forced Induction”