Gutted mx3

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
93sohc5speed

Post by 93sohc5speed »

Heres a quick vid I made of it running and revving. It is huge. Im still figuring out the best quality/size mode for the camera. Cant get any software to convert the files from the camera, all Ive tried freeze up, hehe. well enjoy.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u175 ... IM0248.flv

93 SOHC Manual, offroad beast, extreme weight reduction, roughly 208,000 miles. Still a hause. :D

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/xxviktor/
xtreme velocity

Post by xtreme velocity »

sounds pretty good to me...

p.s. i heard the sound of a beer can at the end.. ;]
Current:
93 F-250 Diesel Coal Roller (For Sale)
06 RX-8 1.3 Rotary AT 6 speed (All looks)
79 Ford Courier 2.3 4cyl 5 speed (lil Pete)

Past:
05 Mazda RX-8 1.3 Rotary MT 6 speed
90 Mazda Miata 1.6L 5 speed 45k miles
94 MX-3 RS DOHC 5 speed 90k miles
93sohc5speed

Post by 93sohc5speed »

Whats up guys? Im bored so I figured I would post some pics of lil things Ive done in the last few days. Maybe this thread needs to be moved to the worklogs section, hehe. Anyway heres some pix......

Of course still been raisen hell, lol.

Relocated intake into side of fender, saw it in a pic. Very good idea, havent got to test it really, hopefully I wont suck in any water!!! Dont need to hydrolock her, do you guys think it would? I generally dont get above about halfway up the tire or a lil more in water.

Relocated coolant overflow tank to a much better place it seems. I also deleted P/S and AC, feels like it gave me a lil more power, engine revs quicker now. The more weight lost the better!

My what usto be dash, now just a cheap autozone tach, seems to work good enough, hehe.

Also have a cheap autozone air/fuel, also seems to work fine.

Cool, muddy seat covers. :P

Welp, thats all I have. I do have a question tho, for anyone who may know. I have screwed up and punched a small hole in the fuel tank, by going though all kinda rough s--- and steep angles which caused allot of scrubbing and bottoming out. :( I patched it with trusty RTV gasket sealant, I dont imagine it will work for long. But it got me thinking...I bet that tank weights allot hehe, a friends of mine reciently hauled a POS Saturn SC2 off for scrap metal. You havta take the fuel tank off before, and the tank that came off the POS is plastic, way light hehe. :):) I wonder if it would be easy to just dump the stock one and put the light, smaller Saturn one in. I would just put it in the trunk area, and improvise a mounting method, nothing fancy of course. So do you guys think the stock fuel pump would go into the tank somehow?? It doesnt havta be pretty just air tight. So what do you fellows think?? Thanks in advance guys :D

93 SOHC Manual, offroad beast, extreme weight reduction, roughly 208,000 miles. Still a hause. :D

93sohc5speed

Post by 93sohc5speed »

xtreme velocity wrote:sounds pretty good to me...

p.s. i heard the sound of a beer can at the end.. ;]

LOL, yea me and my buddies get wasted and start tearing s--- outta the mx, hahaha. Naaa j/k im not a drinker, more of a smoker ;) ,that doesnt make you uncoordinated and crazy lolz. Not sure what that noise was hehe. Maybe my finger rubbed across the mike or somthin, lol.

xtreme velocity

Post by xtreme velocity »

lol....yea i have a few beers while working on the car..but if i get wasted..it will never get done..so i only buy a 6 pack for myself..and you are right about the smoking thing...lol...looks like you have some good times in the mudd with that thing..lol...i wouldnt ever take mine mudding..just cuz it will never come out..but good luck on it..

what are you planning on doing to it??
Current:
93 F-250 Diesel Coal Roller (For Sale)
06 RX-8 1.3 Rotary AT 6 speed (All looks)
79 Ford Courier 2.3 4cyl 5 speed (lil Pete)

Past:
05 Mazda RX-8 1.3 Rotary MT 6 speed
90 Mazda Miata 1.6L 5 speed 45k miles
94 MX-3 RS DOHC 5 speed 90k miles
93sohc5speed

Post by 93sohc5speed »

Sup guys ok, I need money. Im gonna part some parts off my MX3, and then haul the rest off for scrap :(:( . I have to, I just reciently quite my job, and its being more of a b---- to find something else then I thought. Im willing to part anything I guess. It has allot of good parts on it. Its a 93 SOHC, manual trans. I will price them very reasonably, well as reasonably as possible with shipping costs and all. Just FYI I live in north Alabama if anyone would wanna buy the whole car for parts or whatever I would take $250 for it all. Still runs good with 208,000 miles, I just dont have a title for it. I have to know soon, cause im probally just gonna end its life myself unless I find someone to buy it. :( . Ill be sure to make videos. But after I end it Im gonna take allot of stuff off of it that I could sell, then scrap the car. I hate to do this but I think Im gonna have to.

Heres some things I will probally get off of it, will send pics at request, and will set price at request.

Valve Cover
Intake Manifold
Coolant Bottle
Various Silonoids
Various Sensers
Radiator Hoses
Throttle Body with IAC and TPS
MAF
Disty (was giving a code 3, which is somethin for the disty, but it always worked fine)
ECU
Stock Plastic Intake Tube
Factory Aluminum Wheels
Injectors
Fuel Rail
Fuel Pump
A/C Compressor (as long as I didnt hurt it when I removed it, dont think I did tho)
Fart Can Muffler
Exhaust Manifold (if I can unbolt it from the pipe without hurting the nuts or anything else)
P/S Pump (I accidently warpted the pully when I removed it, could use pully from a non-working unit)
Headlights
Tail Lights
etc....

I would sell pretty much anything I can get off as long as its in pretty good condition. Thanks guys. Just PM me if interested.

93sohc5speed

Post by 93sohc5speed »

Welp hauled it off today. Only thing I have left of it is the ECU, Maf, and cam. Car weighed 1940 with hatch back on, A/C comp. in hatch, P/S pump in hatch, and a driver plus some small s--- to add a lil weight. Pretty light, didnt get much for it. :( I hated to see that big claw grab the mazda and smash it :( Oh well gotta do what you gotta do... Anyone interested in said items I have left, PM me.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”