want a new exhaust... i'm clueless... so i need advice

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

MarkMoore wrote:i read the on this site that the MS exhaust system is "a work of art" but expensive at around $500-$600... if i was gonna spend that much on another system anyway, y wouldn't i just go w/ the MS system????
:bump:
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

let's try this one more time :bump:
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Id say go to a exhaust shop and tell them what you want for an exhaust system. They will make something custom.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Anybody know how much HP/Torque gains you can get with a 2 1/4 exhaust?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:Yeah I think I have evcen see way way way higher prices (300 and up Locally) The only way I can beat your price is going to a muffler shop that I know of in mexico..may beat your orice or match it..but well as for us prices I think thats a good deal (ask for warranty) :P
The guy that is doing my exhaust is the guy i have been referred to by my father in law and pretty much every person that i have asked where to go. And he did a great job in doing my last exhaust when i got my flowmaster put on so i trust him pretty well. But i will hint towards a warranty to see what he says.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I have a 2.5" with mandrels welded in for bends, and no cat with a straight thru apexi style muffler w/silencer. It cost me around $140 all said and done. It's really really loud. People tell me they can hear my car for blocks....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”