At last, MX-6 ECU + KL02 vs. Probinator + JE50 dyno results.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mr.mx-3

Re: At last, MX-6 ECU + KL02 vs. Probinator + JE50 dyno resu

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

I already have a je50 it's the one that came on the car right?? of course I went through this form before it's where I decided to try what one guy claimed to work fine on his 92 but yea it's gotta do better than what it is now. Kinda bothers me to just run it w/o the chip anyways i've been told by Pat Diesel about the predet. prob with the stock k8 ecu and the damage it can cause
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:Take that damn KL02 off and install a JE50. That's why it's running like sh*t. You can only use the KL02 on the 96-97 OBD2 models or if your using a KLDE ECU (MX6 or Ford Probe)
If he puts in the JE50, he's still running the K8 ECU, so basically the original combo in the car for the K8, which will run like crap. I know a few people ran the KL02/K8 ECU combo on an OBDI and said it worked good, but ideally, get a Probinator chip, or run a KL31/KL36 w/JE50 or KLDE ECU/VAF combo
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Daninski wrote:Take that damn KL02 off and install a JE50. That's why it's running like sh*t. You can only use the KL02 on the 96-97 OBD2 models or if your using a KLDE ECU (MX6 or Ford Probe)
If he puts in the JE50, he's still running the K8 ECU, so basically the original combo in the car for the K8, which will run like crap. I know a few people ran the KL02/K8 ECU combo on an OBDI and said it worked good, but ideally, get a Probinator chip, or run a KL31/KL36 w/JE50 or KLDE ECU/VAF combo
I'm one of them. 1992 Mx3, Klze, Obd1, K8 Ecu and Kl02 Vaf. Dont really know why it works for me though.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:I already have a je50 it's the one that came on the car right?? of course I went through this form before it's where I decided to try what one guy claimed to work fine on his 92 but yea it's gotta do better than what it is now. Kinda bothers me to just run it w/o the chip anyways i've been told by Pat Diesel about the predet. prob with the stock k8 ecu and the damage it can cause
Use premium gas and the antiknock sensor will do the rest. A lot of people ran with the stock K8 ECU so don't sweat it, just advertise for a chippable unit or a KL31 or 36 ECU.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:I already have a je50 it's the one that came on the car right?? of course I went through this form before it's where I decided to try what one guy claimed to work fine on his 92 but yea it's gotta do better than what it is now. Kinda bothers me to just run it w/o the chip anyways i've been told by Pat Diesel about the predet. prob with the stock k8 ecu and the damage it can cause
I messaged someone with a KL31 ECU. If I hear back I'll direct them your way. Cheers
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Thanks Dan. Yea i changed back to the je 50 seems to work and run noticabily better. even idles better just occiasanlly hunts for and idle and picks up fine so it's good for now.. Also rerouted some vac. hoeses bypassed the egr solinoids as listed on the vac diag. (1) since they're not there and (2) the motor doesn't have an egr anyway..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:Yea i changed back to the je 50
What ECU are you running with that VAF?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

just the stock k8 one it's all I have at this moment trying to source an ecu or a chip. But Please by no means think its as powerful as it should be cuz it's not just a little closer than having the kl02 vaf on there. I will say after running it I'm guessing about 100mi. today it did seem to take more gas with the je50 than the kl02 but it also ran better with the je50 I'm thinking if someone got a chip set up for a kl02 vaf it would probally take care of the over fueling issue OR it could just be the sole fact the intakes curved vs straight have to do with the overfueling issue I bet Ryan/poopernatior is or was still using the same fuel delivery setup as or about the same as the straight neck from what I have read and understood the straight necks have better air flow and more aggressive caming so that means more air is getting into the combustion chamber and quicker than our curved necks hince the excess fuel dumpage which doesent really matter on the straight necks because it's getting more air and faster so it can mix quick and create a more even burn I really wish I had the equip. to connect an ecu to my comp. to test and equipment to flash them I would love to sit down and play with this
On a second note it could just all be in the camming it's self since ours (being the curved necks) have less agressive camming this means the intake valves are opening and closing alot faster than the straight knecks having bigger loabes or a more aggressive camming stay open longer in which allow the more gas to inter the combustion chamber and less out the exhaust in turn ours are the lobes are turning faster and has less time to atomize and most of the fuel is blowing right out the exhaust valves. Now this is just pure specluation but if some one had a spare K8 ecu lying around from a obd1 mx could find a obd1 melinnia and source the eprom chip out of it and put it in the k8 ecu would it correct the whole problem since the curved necks are from the millinas.. It's late and I'm rambling but to me it sounds probabil..
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

1) Ouch my eyes hurt from your blobbed paragraph.

2) It should run worse with a JE50+K8 ECU, that's literally your stock setup for a 1.8 running a 2.5, your values for the ECU would be out of what from what the motor is giving it. Using a KL02 VAF is suppse to curb the differences, but right now, you're motor should be running pig rich. I don't know why it would run worse with the KL02 unless your misinterpreting it.

3) Intake manifold has no affect on overfuelling (described above), it only really affect the powerband because the VRIS points aren't set properly for that intake

4) Cams are different, but not THAT different. Any combination of ECU and VAF for a KL should run any 2.5 motor just fine; KLDE, Millenia DE, ZE or KLG4 DE

5) OBDI Millenia doesn't exist, andit's OBDII system is different than that which is on the Probe/Mx6/626, even the Mx3s OBDII is different. Any "problems" you have is not because of the intake manifold, I can guarantee that.

6) Probinator makes custom chips for your setup, tell him what cams and IM you have and you're all good. In his chips, it remove the requirement to need a JE50 VAF, which is beneficial for the Probe/Mx6 owners so they can use their own and not have to look for an Mx3 VAF. I know his fuel maps are modified ZE maps, made to be more aggressive. That's all he told me.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Has anyone been able to get intouch with ryan lately??
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by eunosklde »

Wot ecu airflow meter would you use on a Mazda mx3 0b1 running a japspec 2001 klde with a longneck.Running a Kl31 ang je50 running rich at the moment.Haven a late model engine like myn witch is a 0b2 and me running 0b1 harness have any affect on mapping power etc.And is there any chips out there for kl31 to solve overfuiling powerband fuel etc.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

eunosklde wrote:Wot ecu airflow meter would you use on a Mazda mx3 0b1 running a japspec 2001 klde with a longneck.Running a Kl31 ang je50 running rich at the moment.Haven a late model engine like myn witch is a 0b2 and me running 0b1 harness have any affect on mapping power etc.And is there any chips out there for kl31 to solve overfuiling powerband fuel etc.
1) It's "What", WOT = Wide Open Throttle

2) It's OBD (On-Board Diagnostics)

3) There's no such thing as an "ODB1" and "OBD2" motor, it's just the sensors plugged in. It won't have any affect on the car.

4) The only chip is the Probinator, but he uses MORE aggressive fuel maps. Besides, I wouldn't ship a KL31, that's a waste, those ECU's are sought after. Put a chip in a K8 ECU, or KL ECU if you have to.

5) If you're running rich, check your 02 and coolant sensors. VAF could also be the culprit, but ECU's just do the math and are pretty much never the problem.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

stoker100 on PT makes chips, and he leans them out a bit. There's also extremethings, prechipped.

Probinator is dead. He hasn't responded to anyone in like 6 months, that I've heard of, me included.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Thanx fellows,Yeah sorry bout the spelling i was a bit wasted when i was posting that. :confused2: .Just one more thing what 02 sensors should i use.K8 or 02 sensor of a mazda 626 mx6 etc.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”