Check Engine Light, Floor it... Gone.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Dark_Rider2k3

Re: Check Engine Light, Floor it... Gone.

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Ok I laughed superK :lol:
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Ryan wrote:Well, with simple deduction:

-MAF is Mass Air Flow sensor

-Oxygen (aka O2) sensor

I'm going to go with: Oxygen sensor code means oxygen sensor is bad. Holy crap, its just like our first diagnosis. Whaddaya know.

Unless you're one of those people who needs to be reassured in everything, like I often do, then ignore most of the sarcasm.
I do like to re assure everything i hate wasting money and wasting time. But fo sho i just ordered some new sensors:D hope it works ehhhh?
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

how can you come on here claiming you have knowledge about cars, and want to use a gameboy like thing to scan a obd1 car? if you dont know what a scan tools called even if you had one and a obd2 car you'd be more than lost and have no clue to how to scan for codes or see the % each cylinders firing at.

you should check your codes anyway as i had a o2 inversion problem and egr that never tripped a light. so you may have more issues and probably do, its free why wouldt you do it anyways just to make sure 100% everythings functioning properly, as your o2, or iat could be gone causing it to run extremely rich fouling your plugs. so your problem may continue, and hopefully it does.

ppl are just trying to help.

and why make a judgement on any of them cause they didnt think about your plugs, but a deeper problem. seeing anyone WHO KNOWS ANYTHING about cars would have changed the plugs cap rotor and wires anyways. this is routine maintenance and unless you do your going to have further issues. if your plugs were that fouled then either your a idiot for not even changing them or at least checking them when you got the car. and if they were that bad then you def. need at least a cap and rotor, maybe even wires. just because wires look good doesnt mean they are as the resistance increases over time with them expaning and contracting due to heat.

i think i went to far there as im now talking about ohmns and thats way past vocabulary level judging by ur previous posts.

insulting canadians why? like grow up bud. if i were you id give your head a shake

you do bodywork who gives a f---, so does everyone its not difficult nor hard to do. and i doubt you do it properly and id bet 1000$ i could see waves all over the body from high and low spots on even a white car you do bodywork too! bondoing isnt bodywork its a small portion of it and i doubt you know how to weld, let alone weld so you dont overheat the metal and warp it.

people tried to help you but the problem was your lack of knowledge, and MAINTENANCE, not their suggestions

just start over and forget about it, move on
check your codes make sure there isnt a bigger problem like there more than likely is, which is causing your plugs to fail. you put a paper clip between you ten and gnd, turn your ignition to on(not acc or start) the CEL will flash. slow long flashes are your first digit and quick short flashes are your second eg. short short quick quick quick quick- that would be a code 24. tell us well search cause not many ppl will probably help now for what that code is.

if your plugs were fouled to that extent then you WILL NEED or should do a cap and rotor before it stops producing spark and leaves you stranded. on your distributor there 2 small screws, unscrew them and pull the cap off leave the spark plug wires attached. you'll see a plastic rotor that has 3 metal like prong sort of looking things on it, pull that off push the new one on. voilla the rotors done. now take the new cap and move the wires from the old one one by one onto the same nipples.(if you mix these up it will run like s--- or not at all) screw the cap back on and your good for another year. i do mine every spring. all that costs 20$ and will save you a tow truck bill from being stranded.

and remember the reason no one diagnosed it is because you didnt do routine maintenance that should of been done. and if you have a problem causing you to run rich then the same things going to happen again.

also what did the plugs look like when you pulled them out black as s--- im guessing. if so then you do have a deeper problem. if they were white as f-ck then you still have a deeper problem, and if they were burning good well they wouldnt have fouled. hopefully you looked at the plugs like any knowledgable car guy. as you should be doing this regularly neways.

some maintenace you've probably forgot or don't know:
oil change(hopefully you remembered) even if your a broke a-- do them regularly and at 3000-5000kms not more as this will prevent many things. you start waiting till 10000 or even 8000 regularly it will create problems

plugs wires, cap and rotor- routine but must be done. these will kill performance i bet ud say holy fu-k that cap and rotor made a big difference, in throttle response, gas mileage and acceleration

air filter and fuel filter- change the air filter regularly as the more dust and dirt that gets in there the more damage your going to do especially to your rings.

gear oil- your tranny probably still has the original or old gear oil as i doubt you've changed it. old or low gear oil will cause the tranny to overheat and blow, and these arent the strongest trannies to begin with. AT LEAST MAKE SURE ITS TOPPED UP.

don't peel around corners and definatly dont drop the clutch to do a burnout around corners-i went thru 2 trannies in 3 years doing stupid s--- like this in highschool, and now that ill only drop the clutch or peel on a straight its lasted 5 years and counting. not to mention you will devour drive shafts.check your driveshaft boots for cracks or tears.

test your coolant- you'll do this in auto class to. make sure its good for the summer and not all coolant or 80/20 or something

none of this is expensive and it will give you much needed experience with cars. not to mention prevent you from having problems. waiting for something to break before replacing it is the wrong attitude with cars. if you dont want to do routine maintenance buy a mountain bike and keep the insurance money to yourself.

since your young and will more than likely get a system down the road. swap in a gs alternator 90amp vs. the rs 60 amp. that way your lights, etc. wont dim everytime your systems on. when i had my rs alternator at a stoplight or anytime at idle the revs would drop evertime the bass hit.

good luck with the car treat it good and it will do the same
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

i skipped a couple pages and saw it did come back again. you may not to replace the o2, i just had to pull mine out and clean it, but i do this regularly it was just really carbon'd up... if that doesnt work then yes replace it. you said you didnt have much money so you can try to just clean it.

sorry about that last post there it looked like a b---- fight so i skipped the pages 6 and 7(humourous thread though)
and didnt realize the problem did come back. at least its not your egr its a b---- for a noob :lol: o2 sensors a nice easy fix
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

geez dude... they told me to use a paperclip.. i had no idea where to put it. until somebody smart sent me a picture of exactly what to do.

Your saying these people are helpful this is what somebody said

"Use a paperclip"

when i said "where do i put the paperclip"

he said "does your mom whipe your a-- too?"

SO SO helpful

thank you for the guy who sent the diagram.

but yeah thanks for that tip im going to clean the sensors today and ill do the coolant also, im stayin on top of the oil too! 144,--- miles i dont want anything bad to happen

you should check out my work log.

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:geez dude... they told me to use a paperclip.. i had no idea where to put it. until somebody smart sent me a picture of exactly what to do.
So a SMART person is someone who tells you how to do everything?

You know what SMART people do? They READ. They RESEARCH. They HELP THEMSELVES.
You know what LAZY, STUPID people do? They SIT THERE, COMPLAIN, and EXPECT EVERYONE to help them.

The DIRECTIONS on what to do were in the FAQS. You COULD HAVE SEARCHED. GOOGLE had the information. MX-3.COM had the information.

But you know what you said? "F*** The codes! I didn't want a 'check the codes' answer!"

You INSULT our intelligence, why? Because you're too damned LAZY.

SUCK IT UP SALLY. SMART people read. SMART people aren't helpless lazyarses. SMART people know how to TAKE ADVICE WHEN IT IS GIVEN TO THEM.

WITHOUT INSULTING THE PERSON WHO IS GIVING YOU ADVICE.

The WHOLE FORUM told you how to solve your problem, but oh wait. you were TOO DAMNED LAZY TO LOOK.

You are lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy

And lazy people are STUPID.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Gee golly, see, you made me seethe in righteous indignation. I think I would have made a good catholic crusader. Maybe German SS?

Man, I sound like this in real life too. Maybe I have a low tolerancy to idiocy. Where'd my patience go? Maybe you're sent by God to teach me patience. That's what it is.

Sorry Lord... I failed.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Savin

Post by Savin »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:geez dude... they told me to use a paperclip.. i had no idea where to put it. until somebody smart sent me a picture of exactly what to do.

thank you for the guy who sent the diagram.
If you are referring to me and the search I did. It wasn't to help you, it was to get you to shut up. (didn't work obviously :confused2: )
I'm sorry, but with the way you've acted, I've lost any respect for you. I'm not saying this to be cruel or anything, I'm just saying the truth. I'm still willing to help you with your problems down the road if I can, but I just won't respect you...
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Lets not start this up again... Lets all just accept the fact that this kid has an insufferable personality and press our eyelids and fists together really hard when we want to type something mean untill the feeling goes away.

If you've been doing it for more than four hours, consult your physician.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Well almost all your cars look like crap compared to mine so i lost all respect to anybody who would be caught driving a hoopty of car. I dont really care about respect on the internet;D

asimpson719
antispam: No

Post by asimpson719 »

id go with bp swap and custom turbo

far better results and you get exactly what you want.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:Well almost all your cars look like crap compared to mine so i lost all respect to anybody who would be caught driving a hoopty of car. I dont really care about respect on the internet;D

^rice

damn!

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:Well almost all your cars look like crap compared to mine so i lost all respect to anybody who would be caught driving a hoopty of car. I dont really care about respect on the internet;D
So... who's the first that wants to go with the "would be caught living with a face like yours" comment?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I vote MODS PLEASE CLOSE THREAD

It just turns to insults.

But Jesse, have you seen the pretty lady that face scored? He's clearly got at least ONE thing going :P

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

SuperK wrote:
So... who's the first that wants to go with the "would be caught living with a face like yours" comment?
i got a hot girlfriend and a damn clean car so up yours buddy;D

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”