:) Whats the dumbest thing you've heard :)

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Meep

Re: :) Whats the dumbest thing you've heard :)

Post by Meep »

That was too funny... makes me think of how a lot of the mechanics around here try to pull that crap on me... so sad...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by eore:
i don't know if everyone has seen mischeif 3000 but its the part with the black guy an the mustang. rice decals, he said it had a rotary engine in it...yea thats pretty bad.
Ya, a rotary engine, with pistons :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Ehpl

Post by Ehpl »

Its a toss up.
I had this guy (snappon hat an nascar jacket type) came up to me and tell me that I should get a 671 blower for my car because they look kool stickin up through the hood, but I would half to put a 9"ford rear end an traction bars an also sixties on the rear for traction.
Or
The guy who delivered my carbon fiber hood said I should get these really kool 24k gold skull hood pins with lit up glowin eyes for the hood because they are so killer dude!

Eugene L
1.6DOHC
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552384
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

MX3 For Me: the thing is the topic isn't really the dumbest thing you've ever heard. Its the dumbest thing you've heard about mazdas or car stuff. So while the things in these posts do not, as you have said, mean the person is dumb, they do seem to indicate an ignorance about things automotive. When a person starts telling people things they obviously know nothing about that I think qualifies as dumb. The thing about carbon fiber and hood pins I would disagree with. That is ignorance not really dumb since it was a question in which the person was hoping to learn something.

My 2 cents
Rik

Oh and dumbest Automotive thing I heard was a mechanic telling my wife the strange rattling buzzy sound was a bad O2 sensor that was above the exhaust and would involve removing the exhaust to fix it and would cost about $200. Lately I've had more time to do our own automotive work, while working on her brakes I noticed the heat shield in front of the cat hanging loose and had to chuckle. After removing this, no more rattling and buzzing. What the mechanic said was more likely just deceitfull rather than dumb. But then again I'm now never going back there and telling people to avoid the place. So maybe that was kinda dumb.
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Ok, it's not the dumbest thing ever, but it made me laugh out loud.
My girlfriend wants me to teach her some things about cars. I taught her to change her oil, and was suprised at how well she remembered stuff, but I was talking on the phone telling her that my old engine would be out of my car soon because all I had left was the header bolts, axles, and motor mounts to get out. Then, I explained that the headers are where your exhaust pipe bolts up to the engine. Her reply: "No way! Those pipes go all the way up to the engine!?"She didn't take my laughing very well, but I couldn't help it.
:laugh:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Once I was driving my 2000 GT Eclipse
"Is that a V4 Eclipse?"
After my brother beat a 2002 Gran Prix GTP in his 95 Mustang GT the guy in the Gran Prix asked...
"Do you got a HEMI in that?
Still the same Gran Prix GTP story...
"Wow, I hear a swooshing sound, do you got NOS?" (My bro has a Cold Air intake and a 70mm throttle body on his 95 5.0 V8 and for some reason it sort of makes a sound like a turbo but its easy to tell them apart)

<small>[ November 03, 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Juan's MX3 ]</small>
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

One of my buddies told me about a guy that thought that a 3.1L engine ment that you used 3.1 L of gas for 100 km!!! I wounder what he thinks if the engine is measured in cubic inches...lol!

<small>[ November 12, 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: MX-3 Money ]</small>
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

"To bad its a girl's car"....he was talking about the Mazda Speed Miata....
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
g3939

Post by g3939 »

heres mine

"will those 15 inch spinning hubcaps fit on your alloy wheels?"
harold stephens
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yesterday my friend came , the carbon fiber hood he is selling me doesnt have hood pins, he has the latch and it fits like the stock one...why would he want hood pins? or am I just making another dumb comment hehe. I got pics of it. Well one pic.
Originally posted by monty73741:
dumbest thing i heard

do i need hood pins with a carbon fiber hood
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

Dumbest thing I've heard " Mechanics OWN WORDS WORD for WORD" I own a 91 chevy silverado with a 5.7 v8, I topped it out at 100 the otherday, so I put in a new cam and that B***h kept goin till she hit 140m.p.h..." :laugh:
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

LOL this is a good thread. From our favorite movie. The fast and the furious. "just get your NOS timing right and you'll run 9's" that was said about one of the guy's sentra.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

just get your NOS timing right and you'll run 9's
I thought it said "and you'll run nice"
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

that was a maxima actually. but nines come on lol
bp mx-3
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

"Warning! Danger to manifold" No doubt will cause the passenger side floor to fall out.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda”