Need a new engine!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
krishna

Need a new engine!

Post by krishna »

Sup guys, i just bought a 92' mx3 4 cylinder 1.6
and its slowwwww!! i hate it, im looking for a new engine, and its gotta be fast, will the KLZE motor fit in it? Any imput on what i should get and wehre to get it would be great!
92' BP
Charles-
Cynic94rs

Re: Need a new engine!

Post by Cynic94rs »

You should use the search feature for the term "swap" in the 4-cylinder forum. Then read up on posts about B6, BP, BPT, engines.

You'll have a much easier time of it swapping any Mazda B-series 4 cylinder engine than any of the K-series V6's. Some 4-cyl swaps are fairly straightforward.

As it notes on Vaughn's old site, everything between the front bumper (almost) and firewall are different between the 4-cyl and 6-cyl MX-3's.
Kamikid

Post by Kamikid »

How much does it cost for an engine swap?
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

S e a r c h.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

First i would ask do you know much about cars? If you know nothing don't go with an engine swap. 2nd, if you are on a tight budget ($2000 or less) i would get a BP engine then turbo that down the line for more ending power and more reasonable cuz it is a work project for the next yr or so. If you have the money i would go then straight for a BPTurbo swap. They cost up to $5000 with an IC job and whatnot. I am doing the BP then building from there cuz i don't have the intention of haveing a fast and Project car while i am in school. I want something resonably quick without having to work on it a lot. So its up to you. BP swaps have been done from $300-$1500 matters what you want and need for parts. BPTurbos have been done from $2200-$6300 from my readings. I suggest reading the FAQ it is short and has a lot of info.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”