cams ?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
m92_MX3

cams ?

Post by m92_MX3 »

yeah i was thining about getting a cam for my 92 1.6 SOHC, and i was wondering if anyone has an aftermarket one and who makes some and about how much ? thanks
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
m92_MX3

Re: cams ?

Post by m92_MX3 »

CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

www.gude.com Their reprofiled cam is $295 with a $138 core charge if you dont have one to send in to them. And its made for your car. Not sure if the VTEC cam (HONDA) will fit your Mazda.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

no way a honda cam will fit
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

didnt think so but thought i would check, but i am not sure what you are talking about when you guys are talking about sending in mine and all what do they do and a core change ? could you please explain ?
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Core Charge:
Money they charge you for not sending them your old cams.

They send you new cam shafts and expect yours in return. It's almost like a discount for the old parts.
They take the old parts recondition them and regrind or whatever they are going to do with them and resell them to the next customer.
If you do not want to send them your old parts, then they charge you more money for the part you are buying, basically no discount.
It's sorta like a trade in on your cams, like for a car.

:welder:

<small>[ August 11, 2004, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Spotted ]</small>
:welder:
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

thats bad *** how do i do this? is there a number or a web site and do you know about how much it cost ? thanks!
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

yeah thought i would ask again, where do i send it ? who does it ? and do you know how much ?
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

Originally posted by Alex V.:
www.gude.com Their reprofiled cam is $295 with a $138 core charge if you dont have one to send in to them.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

oh :2thumbsup: thanks
CTC Racing
92 1.6L

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”