DX or LX Protege?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jap

DX or LX Protege?

Post by jap »

I"m saving up so I can buy a protege car with a Bp 1.8L dohc engine. I am planning on robbing everything I can from the protege so i can swap it into my 1993 MX3. I know with no Dout that I can swap motors, but here are my questions:<p>1. What other parts fom the protege car can I rob and swap it into my 1993 MX3, like brake caliper and etc.?<p>2. What the differents between the DX and LX Protege cars? So I can be an 100% sure that I get the right car with the best options.
torpedan

Re: DX or LX Protege?

Post by torpedan »

the DX is SOHC the LX is DOHC.. you want the LX.. check junk yards.. a front end clip will set ya up really well
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Basically anything from the protege will swap over to your car. Get the rear disc brakes, swaybars and transmission while your at it.<p>Differences between DX and LX are as follows:<p>DX = roll up windows, no power anything, some have tachs and if they do its 6k redline, SOHC motor, taller gearing, manual mirrors, 13" wheels, crappier interior cloth<p>LX = power widows, locks, mirrors, cruise control, body-colored mirrors (only way you can really tell the diff from the exterior), 14" wheels, DOHC motor, shorter gearing w/stronger gearbox (same one as the V6 mx3's but its got a 4 cylinder bellhousing, nicer interior cloth, tachometer with 7k redline, maplights, trunklight, rear disc brakes, larger swaybars, sunroof available, adjustable seat height adjustment, rear armrest, tilt steering column to name a few
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
jap

Post by jap »

Thanks for the reply GO harlem. Good info.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”